ReportHelper

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by NomicCrafter, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Offline

NomicCrafter

Plugin Name: ReportHelper

Description: This plugin would allow players to report other players they see cheating or going against the rules. Once a report has been made it will be saved in per week logs. There is two commands that both report to the same logs, but the second command gives servers ability to see what server the report is from. The logs will show the info specified in the command as well as the player who sent the command, the date and time.

Commands:
    - /report <player> <reason> - Reports a player.
    - /report <player> <server> <reason> - Same as above but with server slot.

Permissions:
    - reporthelp.regular - Access to the regular report command.
    - reporthelp.advanced - Access to the report command with server requirement.

Config Options:
    - List possible servers for advanced report command.
    - Set max reports per set time period.
    - List players who can't be reported, useful for listing the owner's name.

2. Offline

connorlinfoot

Do you have a MySQL database or access to one? I can create something that will do this for you but it's much easier if you use MySQL compared to other data storage methods.

3. Offline

NomicCrafter

Does MCProHosting have a MySQL DataBase?

4. Offline

connorlinfoot

5. Offline

NomicCrafter

6. Offline

connorlinfoot

I'll give it a go over the next few day's and hopefully get back to you with it :)

7. Offline

NomicCrafter

8. Offline

ProjectInfinity

Why not just use my plugin?
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/reportrts/

9. Offline

NomicCrafter

Sorry but its not exactly what I'm looking for, I just want the two commands and to access the reports outside of the game.

10. Offline

NomicCrafter

Any progress?

11. Man was hoping to work without MYSQL cause my hosting doesnt support it

12. Offline

LaughingQuoll

13. Offline

connorlinfoot

I've started it, should be done in less than a week! :D

14. Offline

NomicCrafter

Great, thank you so much. I'm making a server that requires a few plugins so its great to get one off the list for free. I can see there is also a few others that want this plugin :) BTW, I forgot to specify this in the post, but are you making it so report submissions are denied if they don't have a valid player name?

15. Offline

connorlinfoot

You say you want to access the reports out of the game? How are you hoping to do this exactly?

16. Offline

timtower Moderator Moderator

MySQL?

17. Offline

connorlinfoot

I understand that but I mean is that the best way or is he hoping for a PHP front end to be created?

18. Offline

timtower Moderator Moderator

Nobody on here is responsible for the front end. And it is the best way to allow web and plugin interaction.

19. Offline

connorlinfoot

I know that MySQL is the best way I've said that from the start, just wondering about in terms of front end but thanks.

20. Offline

NomicCrafter

I want to be able to access logs that will display the values typed into the command, plus the player who sent the command, the dates and time. If this uses MySQL or not its fine with me, just whatever is easier for you.

21. Offline

NomicCrafter

Its been more than a week. I don't want to rush you but if you could just give us an update I'd appreciate it :D

22. Offline

NomicCraftMC