Solved Replacing vanilla commands

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by 2008Choco, Apr 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

2008Choco

As we all know, the /tell command doesn't show the message you sent so you can't check for typos. This bothered me, and I made a plugin for /msg (which was also removed) that shows your message when you send it. But I would like to know if there's a way to override the /tell command with the /msg command I made. An alias for /msg, being /tell.

I tried both making /tell an alias, and making /tell the main command with /msg as an alias, but the old vanilla /tell is still there. Is there a way to disable the Bukkit version of /tell and replace it with my own?

2. Offline

2008Choco

#Bump <3 (I feel so awkward bumping my own posts :p)

3. Offline

Bobcat00

I think you want this (I didn't test it). I had some trouble following your description, so I'm assuming your plugin command is 'msg'. This should force the 'tell' command to execute your 'msg' command. Let us know if that's what you want.
    Code:
    aliases:
      tell:
      - "yourpluginname:msg $$1-"
    If this doesn't work, try removing the quotes. I'm not sure if they're needed.

4. Offline

nverdier

@Bobcat00 YAML uses single quotes, I believe.

5. Offline

2008Choco

@Bobcat00 That works beautifully <3 Thank you so very much. I wouldn't have been able to figure that out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.