Question Renaming the minecraft: class

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by mashers, Jun 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mashers

Hi everyone

Is there any way to rename the minecraft: class? I.e. what you type to override commands and force it to use the minecraft version, like this:

> minecraft:stop

which would use the built-in minecraft command rather than an aliased or Bukkit one. I would prefer to change the keyword so it's something like this:

> secret:stop

Thanks in advance.

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@mashers Interesting question.
    I will look into this for you.

3. Offline

mashers

Thanks @timtower! I did try adding an override to 'minecraft' to see if I could prevent access to it (and then, if that worked, create an alias to it), but it didn't work - I could still use 'minecraft:somecommand'.

4. Online

@mashers I probably need to use some dirty hacks (Reflection) but that is why I like this stuff :p

5. Offline

mashers

Ahh, so would that allow you to change the name of the object at runtime? We do similar stuff in Objective C, such as with method swizzling. I don't know Java though.

6. Online

Something like that yes.

7. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@mashers @timtower
    Well, you can unregister the base-minecraft commands and re-register the command for the other "secret" plugin.

8. Online

@Zombie_Striker Was more thinking about getting the original ones and only changing the label.

9. Online

@mashers Besides the fact that I love to mess with thing: this is not something that I can complete.

10. Offline

mashers

Thanks timtower, I appreciate you responding anyway :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.