Solved Renaming an existing inventory

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by BizarrePlatinum, Jun 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

BizarrePlatinum

I am creating an inventory with .createInventory(), and want to change the inventories name based on the custom name being stored in a hashmap when a command is executed. Is this possible? There doesn't seem to be a method to do this, so if it's possible, how would I do it?

2. Offline

BizarrePlatinum

3. Offline

pie_flavor

@BizarrePlatinum Server#createInventory(InventoryHolder, int, String) Just create a new inventory, then set the contents to be the same as the old inventory (via getContents() and setContents()).

4. Offline

BizarrePlatinum

@pie_flavor my problem is that I need to be able to access the inventory from other methods.

5. Offline

I Al Istannen

@BizarrePlatinum How do you pass it on? Is it a static one? Do you have a getter?
    I don't know of a method to change the name either, so - except sb knows a method - replacing would be your only choice.

6. Offline

wxwsk8er

Just curious, do you know basic Java? If not I advise you write a few CLI programs before diving into plugin development, that's the best way to go.

I don't exactly understand your question, but I believe you can solve the problem by placing both the HashMap and inventory in a class instead (with private set as the visibility) of putting them in a method. This will allow you to use them in many methods.

Let me know of anything else you need.

7. Offline

BizarrePlatinum

@wxwsk8er of course I don't know basic java...

I've tried creating a new inventory when the event I am using fires
    Code:
    doublePreview = Bukkit.getServer().createInventory(null, 54, ChestPreview.customName.get(c.getLocation()));

, which will work for the naming part, but it appears that this:
    Code:
    if(inv == singlePreview || inv == doublePreview) {
                e.setCancelled(true);
            }

will no longer cancel (InventoryClickEvent).

8. Offline

I Al Istannen

@BizarrePlatinum Maybe use "equals" instead. "==" compares the object in the memory. I have no clue what the variables represent though. Some code would be nice.

9. Offline

BizarrePlatinum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.