Remove Player Name tags

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by uksspy, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

uksspy

I have been looking long and hard to try and find out how some servers remove name tags from about a player's head. All the methods I found seem to be out of date. Could someone recommend me to a plugin, library, or method I can use to remove name tags on my own server?

2. Offline

kreashenz

I don't think it's possible, but if it is I'd say you'd need to use ProtocolLib or something like that.

3. Offline

jensdeboom

4. Offline

uksspy

It is possible. Take a look at Hypixel's game Cops VS Crims.

jensdeboom That was the one method I found that "worked." It removed the name tags but the invisible squids it used to do so blocked you from hitting anything or breaking any blocks.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2016
  5. Offline

uksspy

Bump.

6. Offline

uksspy

Bump.

7. Offline

drpk

uksspy I don't think this will completely remove it but mayb TagAPI and setting the name to ""?

8. Offline

Totom3

It's a new feature in the 1.8 (try joining Cops VS Crims in 1.7, it will not let you). It's a new option for the scoreboard teams, called nametagVisibility. You can set it to hideForOtherTeam, hideForOwnTeam, never or always. Wiki link explaining this (scroll down to the Scoreboard section).

9. Offline

uksspy

Oh I see. They must have a custom server jar then, right? I saw another network a few months back that removed name tags in the hub, if only I could remember the name.

drpk That will reset their skin to Steve which I don't want.

10. Offline

Totom3

uksspy As far as I know, all 1.8 servers are custom, unless someone finally released a stable version...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.