Application RemoteToolkit - Restarts + crash detection + auto saves + remote console!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by drdanick, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

drdanick

Minecraft RemoteToolkit
    -Less downtime, more fun for your players, more power to you!

Are you a Minecraft server administrator? Do you value up-time and stability? Do you fancy the ability to remotely control your server, both in-game and out of game, in a myriad of useful ways from a plethora of different devices?
    If you answered yes to any of the above, then the Minecraft RemoteToolkit is for you!

What the Minecraft RemoteToolkit Plugin and Wrapper do for you:
    • Provides almost perfect server uptime with no need for action from an owner/administrator!
    • Have your server save and restart at any time period with configurable restart warnings!
    • The Toolkit guarantees a restart within the set restart period, even if your server crashes, becomes unresponsive, or encounters a "SEVERE" exception!
    • Remotely control every function of the Toolkit, even from your smart phone!
    • Full remote console access via telnet with support for multiple terminal types!
    • Telnet daemon conforms to current Telnet related RFCs!
    • Customizable alert messages!
    • Fully extendable though 3rd party modules!
    • Full feature set works with most craftbukkit builds!
    • Most features work with any Minecraft server variation, even vanilla!
    • Telnet can be disabled!
    For server administrators
    Download - Release 10, Alpha 15.3 [CB 1.7.2-R0.2] (wget friendly)
    Instructions & Documentation

For developers
    UDP API REV 8 | Documentation
    Module API | Coming soon!

For everyone
    Official IRC channel
    #remotetoolkit @ irc.esper.net

"Help! I've downloaded it, but I do not know how to get it working!"
    Stop! Before you give up or ask for help, make sure you have read the step-by-step installation instructions on the wiki page. If you are still having problems, please do not be hesitant to post a request for help on this thread or in the IRC channel - no matter how simple your problem seems.

Todo

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Any donation would be very much appreciated. I'm but a poor University student, and I sacrifice quite a lot of unpaid time to keep the Toolkit updates and support flowing.

Thank you to the following who have chosen to support the Toolkit through a donation:
    Deren909, marshall007, Vittek, clanslots, meee, KyneSilverhide, szoller, hungoverfurball, Lama_0, Viet, acc1dent, joby890, Liger_XT5

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  2. Offline

bobeeb

feature request:

.cancelrestart

3. Offline

veN1337

already implented: .reschedulerestart
    and: .rescheduleshutdown

4. Offline

Kasper Bjerby

The heartbeat function dossen't work? It just spams with:
    When i only close the toolkit bat thing...

5. Offline

barker

Is there a way to set a restart time permanently? Each time I reboot the computer for any reason, I have to do another .reschedulerestart <time> command. I'm wondering if there is a way to hard set it in the wrapper properties file. I didn't see anything in the docs.

6. Offline

Buckethead

like a specific time of day or like say every 6 hours. cuz u can do that

7. Offline

barker

Specific time of day. I have it set to restart once per day, and the players complain that it's always at a bad time. I'm looking to make it like 4am or something.

.reschedule restart lets me do this, but only until I need to reboot the computer, or fully stop the wrapper and restart the server. I was wondering if there is a way to hard set the time.

8. Offline

Buckethead

you can set it to restart at 4 am or whenever u want and then in the wrapper properties set it to restart every 24 hours

9. Offline

draconk

I am having some issues with task scheduler of windows 7 ultimate 64bits, I programed to open the rtoolkit.bat automatically when I turn on the server, but when it starts it says "unable to access Minecraft_RTkit.jar" and the cmd windows closes. Before the update of bukkit it worked great but now I need to click it manually (and you know when the PC restarts per its own and nobody is near and when I return after 8h to see the server off I only want to cut some heads xDDD)

10. Offline

barker

Are you referring to doing this with .reschedulerestart or is there a way to "default" it to always restart at 4am?

I'm looking for a way to default it to 4am so I don't have to use .reschedulerestart each time I reboot the PC or shut the wrapper down. I'll have to look at the code, it might not be possible due to them using a countdown solution for this function rather than a specific time based one. I just wasn't sure if it was already possible to specify a time in the wrapper properties or not.

11. It's in the documentation. My server restarts every day at 7 AM. You just have to set an absolute time value in wrapper.properties. For example, my own server:
    Code:
    server-restart-delay=07\:00

drdanick and barker like this.
  12. Offline

barker

Thank you for pointing that out, I saw that option in the docs and completely stopped reading before it got to the absolute time option. I thought it only did an interval. Sorry about that. :confused:

13. Offline

bignick3

Hey Guy´s I am Owner of many Server which runnign Rtoolkit :D
    Now my Question is it Possible to automate the Telnet connection (Stop Server with .stopwrapper) or Ingame with a SSH command or in a stop.sh or something i tried to build a telnet connection with Shell and i failed xD? (im Runnin all my Server on Linux an i can start them but when i want to stop them they are all restarting every time) Please Heelp ME :D (any Questions/Answers----> Ts3: mc-grc.de:9987) My English isn´t very well but i can understand you if you join in Teamspeak :)) Greeeetings Niklas

14. Offline

Levieye

when i try to run the .bat file it says
    java is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file
    Any help?

15. Offline

5HARKz

Is this plugin doen't support unicode or utf8? i wrote some koreans(utf-8) in messages.txt and run remotetoolkit
    ubt letters is creched when i saw alert message in minecraft and even console. please answer me

16. Offline

tcvs

Hey

Im running my server on a Windows XP but it seems that it will not run. Is there some special process that you have to do on XP to get it working?

Thx

17. Offline

Buckethead

When you say it doesnt run. HOW? errors? logs? events? doesnt work is fairly broad

18. Offline

tcvs

So when I try to start it I get a thing that says windows XP is not fully supported then it says press enter a few times and then the start up stops at 28 acheivements

19. Offline

drdanick

What is the output of entering java -version into your shell?

I will implement this into release 11. For the time being, you can try using something along the lines of .reschedulerestart 999h

I'm not familiar with the Windows 7 scheduler enough to answer this properly. Perhaps the relative path to the toolkit jar or bat changed. I suggest trying to re-add it to the scheduler.

Can you be a little more specific with what you are trying to achieve?

It sounds like the Java bin directory is not on your PATH environment variable. How were you launching your bukkit server prior to using the toolkit?

Working on it for R11.

As I said in the PM response, I am aware of this and am working on it for R11.

20. Sorry, i was running my server on 32 bit OS, so i couldn't use 3GB+ ram ;)

21. Offline

captainnana

I am having an issue when I have the wrapper installed that every 5 mins or so the CPU will drop down to 0-1% on the process and the server will lag for a few seconds, spoke to some other people and they have it as well. Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

22. Offline

drdanick

This should not be a toolkit issue. Is this happening to the wrapper process, or the bukkit process?

23. Offline

captainnana

It is on the bukkit process but it does not happen when the wrapper is not being used, so it is a wrapper issue.

24. Offline

beleg

getting sometimes this:
    Code:
    23:11:37 [INFO] Connection reset
    23:11:37 [INFO] Tscheki5 lost connection: disconnect.endOfStream
    [ERROR] IOException writing to the console
    java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
            at java.io.FileOutputStream.writeBytes(Native Method)
            at java.io.FileOutputStream.write(FileOutputStream.java:297)
            at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:82)
            at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:140)
            at com.drdanick.McRKit.Wrapper.handleScheduledEventThread(Wrapper.java:1068)
            at com.drdanick.McRKit.Wrapper$5.run(Wrapper.java:981)
    Restarting...

25. Offline

Levieye

I opened up the .bat

@echo off
    "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms1024M -Xmx1500M -jar craftbukkit-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
    pause

(Code used to run it)

26. Offline

Buckethead

u can use 3 gb of ram in a 32 bbit os

27. Offline

sajjad

lol nice plugin looks very hard to make dident know how to install but i got my server host to do it and its a really good plugin!

28. Offline

Wolfy9247

Is there currently a BukkitDev page for this plugin? I couldn't seem to find it.

29. Offline

drdanick

Not yet. Perhaps with Release 11.

30. Offline

Robert Pendell

The problem isn't the OS. It's java. 32-bit Java will only allow up to about 1.5GB of heap memory because it keeps some for itself. On 32-bit OS you are limited to 2GB per process.

31. @drdanick
    Which features will be disabled if I don't install the plugin or backwards?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.