Application RemoteToolkit - Restarts + crash detection + auto saves + remote console!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by drdanick, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

drdanick

Minecraft RemoteToolkit
    -Less downtime, more fun for your players, more power to you!

Are you a Minecraft server administrator? Do you value up-time and stability? Do you fancy the ability to remotely control your server, both in-game and out of game, in a myriad of useful ways from a plethora of different devices?
    If you answered yes to any of the above, then the Minecraft RemoteToolkit is for you!

What the Minecraft RemoteToolkit Plugin and Wrapper do for you:
    • Provides almost perfect server uptime with no need for action from an owner/administrator!
    • Have your server save and restart at any time period with configurable restart warnings!
    • The Toolkit guarantees a restart within the set restart period, even if your server crashes, becomes unresponsive, or encounters a "SEVERE" exception!
    • Remotely control every function of the Toolkit, even from your smart phone!
    • Full remote console access via telnet with support for multiple terminal types!
    • Telnet daemon conforms to current Telnet related RFCs!
    • Customizable alert messages!
    • Fully extendable though 3rd party modules!
    • Full feature set works with most craftbukkit builds!
    • Most features work with any Minecraft server variation, even vanilla!
    • Telnet can be disabled!
    For server administrators
    Download - Release 10, Alpha 15.3 [CB 1.7.2-R0.2] (wget friendly)
    Instructions & Documentation

For developers
    UDP API REV 8 | Documentation
    Module API | Coming soon!

For everyone
    Official IRC channel
    #remotetoolkit @ irc.esper.net

"Help! I've downloaded it, but I do not know how to get it working!"
    Stop! Before you give up or ask for help, make sure you have read the step-by-step installation instructions on the wiki page. If you are still having problems, please do not be hesitant to post a request for help on this thread or in the IRC channel - no matter how simple your problem seems.

Todo

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Any donation would be very much appreciated. I'm but a poor University student, and I sacrifice quite a lot of unpaid time to keep the Toolkit updates and support flowing.

Thank you to the following who have chosen to support the Toolkit through a donation:
    Deren909, marshall007, Vittek, clanslots, meee, KyneSilverhide, szoller, hungoverfurball, Lama_0, Viet, acc1dent, joby890, Liger_XT5

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  2. Offline

Sayshal

I've switched to McMyAdmin because it has more vast configuration. I'd be willing to try this again when it adds some more features I require for my server:
    • Permissions Integration (SuperPerms)
    • Web Console (GUI)
    • Scheduler (Every 10 minutes blah blah blah etc)
    • Server backups
    I used this for a while but was amazed by the things I saw in McMyAdmin, but I'd be glad to try this again in the future.

3. Offline

rct2guy

Pre-release 6 came out today, and I'm having trouble using it with the wrapper. It loads up, but after it says "27 achievements", and I press enter, nothing happens.

4. Offline

Deleted user

How i can start the Minecraft_RKit.jar with an screen command like this?
    screen -S Minecraft java -Xms32G -Xmx32G -jar /minecraft/Minecraft/buk.jar nogui

?

please help :)

5. Offline

Buckethead

U HAVE SERVER 32G of ram. I WANT ITTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

Ruan and Suembeaux like this.
  6. Offline

Suembeaux

hello! having a bit of trouble...i am trying to text to see if the remote toolkit works and everything so i attempted a /restartsrv USER:pASS command...yet when i do so the console says
    "restarting server..." and never changes, and it never restarts the server...
    i am also getting "First attempt at checking for presence of Bukkit RTK plugin..." then second and third and nothing happens. unfortunately when i try to stop the server after issuing the /restartsrv command, it will not let me, even by closing out the cmd window the server continues running so i cant restart and attempt to fix it. thank you for your help and your wonderful plugin!

7. Offline

Deleted user

yes at the moment 64... its an private server.. but i need an screen comment :D

8. Offline

Errored

Instead of using "screen -S" I opened mine with "xterm -e". I'm using Xubuntu.

You can always end the task through Task Manager. It sounds like you don't have the RemoteToolKit plugin in your plugin folder.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2016
  9. Offline

Wanderer89

I know this is out there, but I'm using openindiana151 (a more modern opensolaris fork), and I could easily tell java to use 64bit with a -d64 flag before, but now I'm getting the "exceeds max java heap size" message for a meager 4gigs... obviously it's not running in 64bit. Adding -d64 to the .properties extra runtime flags as well as the rtoolkit.sh didn't help either. Any ideas?

10. Offline

Buckethead

u check ur properties files? and i dont think u need that switch cuz i dint and i have 64 bit

11. Offline

Ragolution

Could you please implement a config that allows you to delay the time between shutdown/stop and the restart.
    I personally run the server over an FTP, and as such it's really a pain to stop/start my server, so a nice 5 minute delay would be nice to implement plugin updates, delete things, check errors...
    or anything else, for that matter.

12. Offline

GameFAQsRolo

You can use .hold and then .unhold

13. Offline

2kool250

i know this is probably a really stupid question, but how do i direct it to my minecraft server folder. what it seems to be doing is only accepting it if its directly in my user file. im on a MAC OSX if it makes a difference. thanks

14. Offline

Ragolution

The thing is that need to be able to use the commands in-game because I can't rely on my access to the SSH.
    Either that or have a consistant downtime value so I know how long I have/when I need to stop.

.hold is a console-only command as far as I know.

15. Offline

SakabaShogun

I may sound like a dumbass asking this, but i'm looking for the older versions to download.
    More specifically, Remote Toolkit R10 A11

Nevermind, i copied the download link and changed it to what i needed, and it worked :)

16. Offline

Errored

To the developer:

I love this this toolkit. Been using it for a while, I just need to do one more critical thing.

Think you can make an auto world backup function? I recently lost my world data due to server crash that corrupted the data. I had to reverted to a world backup that was 7 days old.

Something like: The server backups the world folders every time the server restarts or a set time to backup the world at a certain time.

I'm using Ubuntu 11.10, but I figure you can get something to work on all OSs. It would be greatly appreciated.

17. Offline

roxicodine

I have a question, I bought a server, And i cant run bats or anything. How can i use this?

18. Offline

Ruan

Edit toolkit/wrapper.properties and modify the overridden-process-arguments:
    overridden-process-arguments=java -Xms32G -Xmx32G -jar buk.jar
    then screen -S Minecraft sh rtoolkit.sh

19. Offline

seriosbrad

Can I run this on a Minecraft 1.0 server without having bukkit and the remotetoolkit plugin?

Basically just use the wrapper only?

20. Offline

beleg

nice toolkit/plugin :) if im using it im not feared my server would crash :)
    [please add backup options :)]

21. Offline

godgodgodgo

Just realised how awesome this plugin really is, my server kept crashing and it kept it up with it's heartbeat checks etc and always force saved :D

22. Offline

Robert Pendell

Yes. You can do that. The wrapper will try to find the plugin 3 times and if no go then it stops checking. I believe it still can do the bits to keep the server running. I know automatic saves work as well as manual restarts via the wrapper.

23. Offline

drdanick

The toolkit is a wrapper with remote APIs and crash detection. It is not, and will never be a fully featured control panel. However, there exist modules that do provide a robust control panel that works in tandem with the Toolkit. SpaceBukkit and Milkadmin are two panels that come to mind.

What operating system are you using?

It sounds to me like you have not placed the Toolkit plugin component in your plugins folder. Also, if you want to stop the wrapper, issue the .stopwrapper command in the console, rather than just close the cmd window.

You may need to use the overridden-process-arguments field in wrapper.properties to manually specify the path to your java binary. It sounds to me like you may have both the 64 bit and 32 bit builds of Java installed.

Are you getting an error when you run the toolkit within your minecraft server folder?

This will likely be included as a module with Release 11.

If you do not have access to a unix shell, you will need to contact your server provider about supporting the Wrapper.

To everyone:

My University exams are over, and I have a substantial amount of time to dedicate to Release 11. Expect a major update over the next few weeks.

To developers:

I will be documenting the the API and various protocols as they are implemented. For those interested, I will be periodically releasing documentation. Check back here often!

24. Offline

2kool250

well first of all i should probably say this. i run it through terminal using this command : java -Xmx30M -Xms30M -XX:MaxPermSize=40M -jar Minecraft_RKit.jar USER: PASS of corse I changed the user and password than i change Minecraft_RKit.jar with the directory i dragged in from my server folder. than it says
    Unable to access jarfile /Users/MyName/craftbukkit.jar
    Restarting...
    So this could be that im not running it the right way? i have know idea :p.
    Thanks for helping out a lonely idiot :p

Thanks again

25. Offline

jvzuijlen

I have a modded craftbukkit with a few mods on it. when i start the rtoolkit.bat it sas this

Unable to acces jarfile C: (the place the craftbukkit.jar is)
    restarting...

that keeps going coming i tried diffrent thing but couldnt get it to work.
    it there a way i can make this work with mods or does it just not support mods?

26. Offline

NeatMonster

@drdanick

Hey, it's NeatMonster from the SpaceBukkit team. I would like to know if there is a way to know if the server is running (using my RTK addon). If not (or not in the current version), have you any tip on this because I need to know if the server is running, and if the server is running Vanilla or Bukkit.

Thanks in advance, amicably.

27. Offline

drdanick

You need to change your working directory to your server directory before launching the toolkit. You can do this quickly by entering "cd " (without quotes) into a terminal window, then dragging your server folder into the terminal window, followed by pressing enter.

Are you providing simply the name of the .jar file in wrapper.properties or an absolute path to the .jar?

I will send you a code snippet via PM.

28. Offline

NeatMonster

Thank you, I'm checking my PMs right now.

29. Offline

jvzuijlen

This is how i have the wrapper now:

Code:
    #Minecraft Remote Toolkit Properties File
    #Wed Nov 23 15:57:57 CET 2011
    forced-restart-delay=5m
    maximum-heap-size=1024M
    toolkit-autoshutdown-alerts=10m,5m,1m
    restart-on-severe-exception=true
    server-saveall-period=0
    extra-runtime-arguments=-Djline.terminal\=jline.UnsupportedTerminal
    force-save-on-restart=true
    server-heartbeat-threshold=1m
    server-restart-alerts=10m,5m,1m
    minecraft-server-jar=craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT
    initial-heap-size=1024M
    overridden-process-arguments=
    failed-heartbeat-restart-count=5
    filter-ansi-escape-codes=auto
    severe-exception-detection-level=1
    server-arguments=nogui
    toolkit-autoshutdown-delay=0
    import-properties=false
    server-restart-delay=5h
    Thats how tthe modded craftbukkit.jar is named.

30. Offline

2kool250

WOW i should have thought of that :p thank you so much!

thanks,
    2kool

31. Offline

drdanick

You are forgetting the .jar extension. Try the following configuration:

Code:
    #Minecraft Remote Toolkit Properties File
    #Wed Nov 23 15:57:57 CET 2011
    forced-restart-delay=5m
    maximum-heap-size=1024M
    toolkit-autoshutdown-alerts=10m,5m,1m
    restart-on-severe-exception=true