Remote server hosting problem

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by kevinossia, Jun 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

kevinossia

Hey

I'm planning to host a bukkit server and I plan to leave it up 24/7. Using FileZilla, I transferred all my server files to the remote server that hosts my website, since that computer is probably more reliable than my old PC for 24/7 hosting. Using PuTTY, I connected via SSH to that computer and ran my server, but I got this list of errors:

Code:
    229 recipes
    27 achievements
    10:04:47 [WARNING] Failed to log Minecraft-Server to null 
    java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 0
       at java.lang.String.charAt(libgcj.so.10)
       at java.io.File.getParent(libgcj.so.10)
       at java.io.File.mkdirs(libgcj.so.10)
       at java.io.File.mkdirs(libgcj.so.10)
       at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R3.ConsoleLogManager.b(ConsoleLogManager.java:110)
    server.v1_5_R3.ConsoleLogManager.<init>(ConsoleLogManager.java:24)
       at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R3.DedicatedServer.<init>(DedicatedServer.java:36)
       at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R3.MinecraftServer.main(MinecraftServer.java:653)
       at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.Main.main(Main.java:152)
    10:04:47 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.5.2
    10:04:47 [INFO] Loading properties
    10:04:47 [INFO] Default game type: SURVIVAL
    10:04:47 [INFO] Generating keypair
    10:04:47 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    10:04:47 [WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
    10:04:47 [WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
    10:04:47 [WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?

I searched for a long while on google and on github, looking through the source code of the files that were listed in the exceptions, and I still couldn't figure out the problem or solution.

Why is the server causing errors and failing?

2. Offline

PVM_Curtis

make sure that they aren't write protected/you have permission to modify the "server.log" file.

3. Offline

kevinossia

No one can help me?

Someone please respond....

4. Offline

Kolugo

kevinossia
    Code:
    10:04:47 [WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
    10:04:47 [WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
    10:04:47 [WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?
    did you portforward everything correctly? did it work before you transferred to this host? and what's this hosts name?

5. Offline

kevinossia

Kolugo

The port forwarding is fine, the server works fine on my own computer, and the host is a subdomain of alborzmath.com called kevocraft.com. Those errors aren't exactly my highest priority though, the other exceptions in the java code are what make literally no sense to me.

6. Offline

KingPsychopath

10:04:47 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    Change the ip to the host's ip or just leave it blank and it will find it either way.
    What version of linux is this?

7. Offline

kevinossia

I don't know what OS the host computer is running, why does the ip matter? I'm not trying to connect to the server, I'm trying to run the server.

I set the permissions for server.log so that any group can write to the server.log

It didn't do anything.

I looked in MinecraftServer.java on line 653 where a new DedicatedServer object is created. An exception is generated that points to that line. Is there something wrong with hosting a dedicated server on a remote computer?

Also, there seems to be a problem with ConsoleLogManager.java. Why is this happening?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2016
  8. Offline

KingPsychopath

Did you seriously just say this...
    1. How do you not know your OS...
    2. Put the IP in to run it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.