Region/Block Regenerate

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by G1R Productions, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Offline

G1R Productions

I'm looking for a plugin that allows you to select a region/block and have it regenerate over time.

Similar Plugins: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/regenblock/
    This one is out dated and if a region isn't regenerated before a server restart/crash it never gets regenerated back to the original state.

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/mineralmanager/
    This one is for 1.5.2 and thats fine but it has a glitched degrade factor where there is a % of the block not respawning after being broken but even when set to 0 it still sometimes does not regenerate. It also seems to be block based and not region based which makes things more difficult.

2. Offline

Mindcraftson

Worldedit has a command where you can select an area and have it regenerated to its original state. Is this what you mean? Sorry, but this request is sort of confusing.

3. Offline

G1R Productions

Example: A pile of diamond ore
    Person A walks up to ore and breaks it
    A set amount of time later the Ore Regenerates
    Example 2: A house exists
    A creeper explodes and blows a hole in the house
    A set amount of time later the house regenerates

Meaning when the region is selected it is saved and after a set amount of time it regenerates back to the save if anything had changed.

4. Offline

Mindcraftson

Oh i see. So something like LogBlock but with a timer?

5. Offline

G1R Productions

I suppose if logblock has a region selector. Basically to create farm-able areas for resources or destructible areas yet not permanent, and about another thousand examples I could come up with.

6. Offline

gdawg6267

you mean like u have a mine people mine out of it and 15 minutes ltr all the mined blocks come back?

7. Offline

Mindcraftson

RegenBlock looks like its still works. Just ask the author to update and fix.

8. Offline

G1R Productions

That could be a possible use, along with farms of wheat, pumpkins etc. Being customizable for the time frame though is important being able to set 1 region for maybe 1 minute respawn time and another region for 20 minutes.

Can't really do that myself and it seems that the authors have been inactive for a long time.

9. Offline

Mindcraftson

Heres a plugin, not 1.6, but looks good: TimedRestore
    [EDIT] Just to tell you that theres no 1.6.2 Bukkit API so any plugins that say 1.5.2 and 1.6.1/2 are still practically the same thing.

10. Offline

G1R Productions

Awesome I'll check this out, my server is 1.5.2 anyway. Looks like it does exactly what I need it to do only thing that concerns me is that it warns that it locks up the server during regeneration hopefully I can disable that.

EDIT: Turns out its not really viable for what I need it to do, its not very flexible if you are planning on continuing to add regeneration zones as this requires the world edit snapshot feature which uses a backup of your entire world meaning every time I would want to add a new regeneration zone I would have to upload a new backup with that new zone exactly how I want it which takes a lot of time