Referrals?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by turqmelon, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Offline

turqmelon

For some time now, I've been browsing the plugin list looking for a plugin that would reward my players for inviting new people into the server. I've found redemption code plugins, but those don't really fit what I need, and to my point of view, this seems rather simple to code, but then again, I don't know any Java.

Basically, I want it so if a new member joins the server, and they were referred by another user, they would be rewarded so many coins to their iConomy balance, and the person who referred them would also receive coins. My idea of how this would work is pretty simple:

1. A current player can type /referral add <player> to mark them as a referred player, but to prevent false referrals, the referral would only be valid for x days.

2. If a referred player joins the server for the first time, he/she could receive a notification on login letting him now if he was referred and from who. From there, they could confirm that he/she was referred, or if not, it could simply be denied.

To prevent farming coins, there could be a limit on how many open referrals there could be at once per player, and how long they'd have to wait after someone was referred.

A couple advanced features I had in mind...

• The ability to award more coins to the referred player/player who referred them when the referred player received a certain rank (on permissions)
    • The ability to award more coins to the referred player when their iConomy balance reaches more then x coins
    • The ability to award more coins for every x people someone refers. So someone who has referred 10 people, would get more then someone who has referred 2.
    • The ability to award permission nodes when x number of people are reached. (Similar to buy abilities)
    Sorry if anything was unclear. Just let me know, and I'll go into detail the best I can. :)

2. Offline

Celeo

This is quite doable, and something that I can do for you. I really like the idea!

Per your advanced features:
    • I do not know how this would be done. Permissions (as far as I know) does not throw events when players' ranks are changed. A separate command would have to be issued by the admin/mod who gave the player extra permissions or the changes in permissions would have to be checked on said player's login/out.
    • That is easy to implement.
    • This would also be very easy to do.
    • This would also not be hard to add.
    I don't have an ETA for completion to give you, but since I like the idea developement should be fairly quick.

3. Offline

turqmelon

Thanks, man! Glad I got someone's attention! ^^