Refer a Friend ?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Jnccraft, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Offline

Jnccraft

Hello out there, i would like to hear.
    If there is any plugins, so you get like a prize or anything by refering a player.
    Like a new player join, he types /refer just_nico
    Because Just_Nico told him the IP, then just_nico will get like 1000$
    Or any command will happen (can be configured in config), and we all will be happy xD
    If there already is a plugin like this, then tell me :)
    Or if you would like to make one i would be happy.

From
    Nicolai

2. Offline

Canownueasy

I would like to make this when I get home :D

I am also going to add a configurable number of minutes that the person has to be online before specifying their reference to prevent abuse. I think 10 minutes is a good default.

3. Offline

Jnccraft

That sounds good :) Thank you alot :)

4. Offline

Retherz_

Ive also been looking for ths :)

5. Offline

Jnccraft

Then it's good for both of us :)

6. Offline

Retherz_

Jnccraft needs log and maybe reward xp/items aswell :)

if its possible also make a list for who invites most so u can reward the ones that refer the most players!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  7. Offline

Jnccraft

And i would like to hear if it's possible, to make like when a new players joins. A menu pops up like
    Where did you find <servername> ?
    - PlanetMinecraft
    - MineStatus
    - Youtube
    - A Friend

If he picks "A Friend" it will popup with "Who refered you ? type /refer [name]

Just to see where it helps to advertise :)

Lines would be changeable in the config.

8. Offline

Retherz_

Jnccraft I think it would be better to have Like Who refered you then it if it says for example youtube u say enter channel name and ingame name and u can see statics who gets most players on and which site gives most players :)

9. Offline

Retherz_

i could try to do this if i learn how to make working logs! :)

10. Offline

HyrulesLegend

ALSO, @Canownueasy When you make this, you should have it check if the user is on the same IP, to prevent abuse.

11. Offline

Ligar08

i would like to add that if u get so many refers (ex:5) u get manuadded to a group like advertiser or sponser, ect. just an idea

12. Offline

Edge209

13. Offline

busterroni

Just a side note, this probably wouldn't work on cracked servers because players would just make hundreds of accounts and keep saying that they were referred by their main account.

14. Offline

Retherz_

Thats why you dont have cracked servers

15. Offline

busterroni

What if you don't own a real minecraft account?

16. Offline

Retherz_

busterroni then you buy 1 or you shouldnt play the game

ibrahimkhan1212 and midnight483 like this.
  17. Offline

busterroni

Do you realize how many players don't own Minecraft legit? And that the creator of Minecraft, Notch, even supports the fact that people pirate it?

18. Offline

Retherz_

19. Offline

Ytry

The game is not that expensive, and well worth the investment. Most plugin makers don't support their work on cracked servers. Also as a side note to my rage someone already suggested checking to make sure the IP's don't match, which would make it work just fine on cracked servers. The only way it wouldn't is if the users used a different proxy every time. Also you could have it log who has the most refers if someone has hundreds over night you could obviously tell they are cheating the system. If possible I think 1 or 2 exceptions of having the same IP are okay though, because many people have siblings who like to play together.

20. Offline

busterroni

This is beside the point, I brought up the point about cracked servers because people could abuse this plugin. Whether they like it or not, it's almost impossible to not allow cracked servers to use a developer's plugins.

21. Offline

Retherz_

busterroni well its not made for cracked server so does it matter

22. Offline

Ytry

That is where you are wrong... bukkit has a function to check if the server is in online mode or not.

23. Offline

busterroni

Most cracked servers require bukkit so that they can have the login feature (to protect user fraud).

Whether it's made for cracked servers or not, it still functions on cracked servers.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

24. Offline

Retherz_

well as you said people can just login with diffrent accounts or you could log the ip

25. Offline

Ytry

This may be true for most plugins, but plugin devs could prevent their plugins from working on cracked servers with much ease.

26. Offline

Retherz_

Ytry how?

Ytry whats the code for it?

27. Offline

Ytry

MercilessPvP Add this to your onEnable
    Code:
    if(!getServer().getOnlineMode()) {
    this.setEnabled(false);
    }

MercilessPvP likes this.
  28. Offline

Retherz_

29. Offline

busterroni

If your code is open source, someone can just edit that out...

30. Offline

Ytry

If a plugin has a copy right on it, which is not all that hard to get you could simply take legal action against servers who edit it out.