Redstone toggle-able block

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by CX gamer, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Offline

CX gamer

To make water-flow-control and such possible. Would this be very hard to make?

Thanks. :)

2. Offline

poeman

Not the right kind of mod, they have it too, search for floodgates.

3. Doesn't CraftBook have floodgates?

4. Offline

CX gamer

I can't find any floodgates mods. :(
    Yes, but I would like to see a different execution of it, I don't like signs and I don't like craftbook at all. :)

5. Offline

Afforess

Signs are by far the easiest way to run a command-based plugin, like Craftbook. What other, alternate method would you propose?

6. Offline

TotempaaltJ

I'm guessing he's proposing using like a /floodgate set command or maybe a certain pattern of blocks to create a floodgate. This is of course possible.

I too have to say that I do not really like Craftbook's sign-based system, takes too much space, those signs.

7. Offline

CX gamer

Sorry I wasn't clear in the first place. I'd just want a custom block which would either act like a solid block or like air, depending wether or not it's being powered by redstone.
    A sign is a good-enough workaround, but I don't like all the gamebreaking other stuff that craftbook brings with it. A /floodgate set command is not what I would prefer. :p
    Thank you for your feedback. :)

8. Offline

robhol

I essentially just made something just like this for CraftBook.
    It allows you to set within 5 blocks of the IC block - along any axis. This will make it a bit more flexible, I should think. :)
    We'll see if someone gets around to pulling it, the request is out there.

For future reference, the ID is MC1207. Of course, it'll have to be pulled and rebuilt before you can use it.

9. Offline

CX gamer

Cool. :)
    Is there a way to disable ALL functions of CraftBook and only allow MC1207?

10. Offline

Afforess

What you ask is impossible - modders can not add new blocks with server mods.

Also, what do you mean by gamebreaking? I'm purely curious.

11. Offline

CX gamer

Aww I didn't know that. Too bad then. :(

Well the cart system breaks the whole point of boosters, the redstone circuit signs take the beauty out of complex redstone circuits, the elevators eliminate the whole point of actual elevators, etc. That might be just me being ignorant, but I don't like it.

12. Well, the boosters cause lag. The redstone circuits take up too much space, and water elevators are buggy as well. That why I like the functions of Craftbook and MinecartMania :)

13. Offline

Afforess

I agree and disagree. I like the integrated circuits for the most part, because complex redstone can take up entire buildings, and there may not be room in your base of operations for it. And it only takes one person to wreck it.

But for elevators, I agree. I believe Bukkit will make block loading faster, so it may be possible to create an actual moving elevator rather than just a teleportation sign.

14. Offline

TotempaaltJ

You are being a bit stupid here, but that's okay :3

Let me clarify what I think OP wants: a more functional type of the bridge function of Craftbook. This means something almost exactly like the bridge thing, except the amount of blocks it spans can be any size, so it could be five blocks wide or one and sixteen blocks long or just two. He basically wants a redstone-toggleable floodgate.

15. Offline

Afforess

Can't he do that with toggle area's in Craftbook? They can be any size, any blocks.

16. Offline

CX gamer

A single block would be fine for me. :)
    Can those be redstone-controlled then? :eek:

17. Offline

Afforess

Yeah, toggle areas can be redstone controlled.

18. Offline

CX gamer

Awesome, thanks for your help them. CraftBook will be a good-enough substitute for when something better comes. :)

19. Offline

suna99

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSdOqlIYVIU <-this
    Edit(added some more text):
    It is a tut on how to use one of the block.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dks3bSGE4PA&feature=related
    And thats a showcase.
    It is possible to make that kind of block, and this is a good way to do it.
    It is called Bridge Block, and is simple enough for idiots, but also has some advanced features.
    It IS a special block, but I think it is possible for the server to define a new block, but without special texture packs it would need to use existing textures.