Redstone Issue

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by SeeD419, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SeeD419

This could be my wiring, or something else I'm unaware of, I'm just curious if anyone understands this or may be experiencing similar issues.

It seems all of my redstone wired doors from hmod are now broken for some reason. I tried to wire one up as a test, and this is what I got.

Any ideas guys?

2. Offline

Pezmantbh

3. Offline

SeeD419

4. Offline

mughi

if you can't bother to fill it out, how can you expect anyone to bother to figure out your problem?

5. Offline

SeeD419

I'm not looking for anyone to "figure out my problem"

I was wondering it this was an issue with the build. I'm assuming it's not by the answers I'm getting...

I'm not some noob looking for a solution...I'm reporting this to help better bukkit. If this is NOT a bukkit issue, and some silly plugin conflict, than I'll figure it out.

It's that simple.

6. Offline

Pezmantbh

The fact that not many people are experiencing it, implies it is not a Bukkit problem. I am on build 166 myself, and do not have these problems.

7. Offline

mughi

sorry.. misread your post.. so many users asking for help and not wanting to provide basic information.
    [today i'm feeling.. cranky] :)

seriously... i apologize, my response was uncalled for.

8. Offline

TnT

I have heard of redstone acting "weird", but can't comment more on that other than rumors. I haven't gone through and tested restone circuits myself either.

But, since neither redstone, nor doors, should act any differently in Bukkit (provided you have no plugins that modify them), you could fire up the same world in a vanilla MC server and test.
    --- merged: Jan 31, 2011 8:45 PM ---
    My home VM server failed for the most retarded reasons, and I'm really struggling with getting it fixed. I see your crankyness and raise you frustration and anger.

9. Offline

SeeD419

I'll fire it up with no plugins later on tonight and post the results here.

Only reason I ask is because I don't have any plugins that should be changing redstone behavior...but who knows. I suppose although I really don't care that much, I started this thread so I should at least figure it out now.
    No you're fine, lol. I'm kinda feeling the same way today too.

Just issue after issue, lol. Like I said, probably some silly plugin conflict, but if it's not it would be a good bug find.

I'll check it out later tonight since it seems the true verdict is unknown at this point.

10. Offline

mughi

i'm pretty sure most of our redstone wiring survived the change from alpha to beta and hmod to bukkit. but we didn't have that much at the time, so it's hard to be sure. (one of the other guys on my server does most of the redstone stuff)

11. Offline

TnT

On top of running plugin free, try your world in a straight vanilla MC server (no Bukkit at all). You'll have your question right there.

12. Offline

SeeD419

You guys are gonna lose it when you see this -__-

The solution is neither of the two. Doors cannot be vertically transmitted the way pressure plates and switches can. This is news to me. My wiring was bad the whole time! *facepalm*

Video that someone made me on another forum:

13. Offline

TnT

I laugh, only to keep from crying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.