Filled Recuperator

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Resoluciones, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Resoluciones

Plugin category: Mechanics

Minecraft version: Paper version git-Paper-1402 (MC: 1.12.2) (Implementing API version 1.12.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT)

Suggested name:
    Recuperator

What I want: I'd like that once a player is inactive for a configurable quantity of days, the plugin drops the items he had in his inventory (including armor & shield) last time he was online on the coordinates he logged out last time. The plugin should be "smart" enough to avoid duplication issues, in case the player returns to the server (in that case Recuperator should have cleared his inventory).

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions: No permissions needed for this plugin.

When I'd like it by: 04-May-2018

Thanks in advance!

2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@Resoluciones
    I may be able to create this.

However, I would like to know what would be the purpose of doing this. Considering there will most likely not be any players online who know exactly where a player logged off potentially days/weeks ago, the items would most likely simply despawn, and on the face of it, just seems like a punishment for players who don't have the time to consistently commit to one server.

3. Offline

Resoluciones

Hello Zombie_Striker, I'm very happy you have interest in developing it!!!

Yes, you are right, the purpose is very clear and I will explain it to you. All dropped items in active chunks (that will include items dropped by the future Recuperator plugin) are collected by wow in order to any other players (or the same player) have the opportunity to use those items again and avoid them to be lost for the rest of eternity... I have set wow to keep ores, minerals, armor and weapons (important items) for a lot of days in its showcase.

Regarding punishment, yes it can be considered that way, but those players can easily avoid "punishment" as they have the opportunity to keep the important items in protected chests before logging out for several days (I use a different plugin for that). So, my ultimate goal of this plugin is to foment a more sedentary versus nomadic lifestyle.

I am thinking now, that in case those old returning players connect to the server, if it's possible you can add a broadcast message to the entire server saying something like "Recuperator cleaned playername items due to x days of innactivity." so they will know what happened to their items.

Let me know any other question!

Best regards!

4. Offline

Zombie_Striker

5. Offline

Resoluciones

@Zombie_Striker Did I tell you that you are a genius? I will install it right now! Thanks!!!!

Edit: something is wrong with the download link: https://media.elerium.wtf/files/2555/389/Recuperator.jar. It says "We can’t connect to the server at media.elerium.wtf". Also the logo link is broken: "https://media.elerium.wtf/avatars/151/268/636602814870371910.png".

Maybe you can check it once you have time.

EDIT2: the whole bukkit plugins site seems to be bugged or something.

EDIT3: it's fixed now. I don't have idea what happened. But it doesn't matter, it's working fine now.

Thanks!!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  6. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@Resoluciones
    That is definitely not Bukkitdev. Whatever site that is does not have anything to do with Bukkit or my project.

7. Offline

Resoluciones

Curseforge was also bugged with that, as I tried to access through there. I don't have idea what happened. Maybe the administrators of those site may know what happened. That happened only for some minutes, then everything was OK. No idea.

8. Offline

MightyOne

9. Offline

Resoluciones

:)

10. Offline

MightyOne

@Resoluciones its pretty much done tho. if you want to test it go ahead :D

11. Offline

Resoluciones

Great, I will check the mazes plugin! It seems pretty interesting! Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.