RealFluids

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by mindless728, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Aosx

Mindless my friend hi so it still not working the fluids are not flowing weird it say the plugin is enabled

2. Offline

mindless728

post your configuration file so i can look at it

3. Offline

Aosx

Nerver mind i used one of people realfluids.txt it worked

you should come on my server and show me how to make the ocean go away

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2016
  4. Offline

mindless728

place a sponge

5. Offline

Aosx

How do i get one?

6. Offline

mindless728

umm, give it to yourself

7. Offline

Aosx

ty

all the water is gone on my server

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2016
  8. Offline

mindless728

what did you do and what is your configuration file (ie post your damn on config file here), also did you make sure that the BlockStorage folder was NOT there (ie did you delete it before you started the server)

9. Offline

Aosx

I just world edit 20000 blocks of blackwool and i left block storage in

10. Offline

mindless728

sigh.....you did this to yourself

edit: get rid of the BlockStorage folder, the map, and reset if you want it back

11. Offline

Jacek

Using #1060 I get

Code:
    01:43:58 [INFO] BlockStorage version 1.3 installed
    01:44:07 [INFO] Could not grab a storage object, disabling...
    01:44:07 [INFO] RealFluids version demo-snapshot-0.7 disabled

Still, this looks awesome and I look forward to testing out a working version.

It's also possible that I did something wrong so feel free to be mad at me ;)

12. Offline

mindless728

has you may have seen through the thread, there are small issues like this one that i can't seem to produce, but will try to fix, the only thing i can think of is reduce the cache size and see if it works or not

13. Offline

Dominic

Anyways, keep up the good work mindless. I hope life/coding is going alright for you!
    Still looking forward to the new version!

14. Offline

mindless728

new version is coming slow to say the least due to performance issues locking objects, though i am looking at the spout API (nothing needing the client mod), and it has some methods i would love to use, so that may be another dependency (as all of my performance issues are arising from trying to sync up changing block material types)

note that the performance problems that i am talking about are occurring using ClassicWater as a test bed, and if it cannot perform decently with that, then i will keep trying and if i get it acceptable then i will work on RealWater/Lava. Keep in mind i am making a few fluid types using this new system (Classic, Infiniminer, and Real), not to mention the work someone wants to use it for to make avalanches (so think snow)

15. Offline

Jacek

Okay, I will see what I can do :)

16. Offline

Dominic

The spout API is a very interesting tool...It seems to give developers so much more control over their projects! I hope it works with spout

17. Offline

mindless728

well it will use the Spout plugin but not the client mod (until there is a way for me to stop the client from changing the water heights automatically)

18. Offline

SwearWord

This seems excellent but at all it has done for me is stop water flow. Any ideas?

19. Offline

mindless728

did you add "0 false" to the water overwrite list at the very least, if not the water will not flow at all (as it cannot replace the air blocks which are id 0), probably do the same for lava as well

20. Offline

Dominic

I was just curious mindless, has the new 1060 build of Bukkit added a lot for dev's to work with? A couple of plugins that required spout no longer do because of 1060 and I was just curious if it affected your plugin at all? Hopefully made things a bit easier?

21. Offline

mindless728

not really, i actually have tried Spout and either i am using it wrong (more than likely) or the AsynSetType functions for SpoutBlocks is not working atm, not to mention was slower than my implementation before

though i found i can completely recode the new baseline in about 3-4hrs from scratch, and will be doing this tonight and putting in the old implementation again then seeing if i can reduce lock dependencies

22. Offline

Maeyanie

I would prefer to never require the Spout client, as it's completely incompatible with other (generally much better) client mods. :) Even the server half can mess stuff up, though it's not as bad.

23. Offline

mindless728

if i was going to use one, it would be the spout client, the way all of the client mod programmers have handled things has been terrible and would rather have a more flexible system. I don't mean to offend but i think they have all done a terrible job with making a system that can run multiple mods with minimal conflicts and have them work in SMP (which many do not, especially one that make new block types)

And i know the server half can mess things up as i tried using it for one small feature (like i said does NOT require the spout client, just the server plugin), the feature would have let me change the block type in an asynchronized thread, now i have to do that manually because i used the API completely wrong (i didn't see any way to grab a Spout block) or they still have issues with this async change

though on updates, i have been running into a synchronization issues with flow events (internally to one class) and updates to block id's in checking adjacent blocks, though i am working to fix this issue asap as when i do the API should be very close to done then i can work on 6 fluid types (classic, inifiniminer, real of each type water and lava)

as it stands each fluid will have its own thread and a fluid would only have to implement 2 functions getMaterial() which would designate what material it would use as the flow id and flow(FluidBlock) which is how an individual block flows, that is it, though likely most fluid types will need helper functions to flow and maintain data correctly

i also plan on making a RealFluid API that has getMaterial() as an abstract method that any real fluid would impelement and that is it, want RealObsidian flows, then just return Material.OBSIDIAN, i am thinking about doing this with each type as to make it less work for me

of course ideas from the users or programmers looking to utilize a central flow api can give suggestions

24. Offline

Maeyanie

While this is mostly true (there's some movement to reduce conflicts with the MinecraftForge project), it's just a matter of inertia. Given the choice between dozens of great mods (even if you can't use them all at once, at least you have selection) or a single one, not many people will choose the one.

Though, I have been seeing some better stuff coming out for Spout lately, so it might just be a matter of time until that situation reverses... of course, the actual modding API might come out by then too, which will probably kill off both solutions pretty quickly.

25. Offline

mindless728

well given that Spout is meant to work with bukkit seamlessly (as it is also a plugin), i think it will still be used even after the modding api comes out, though yeah, they are working hard on the clients side of things to allow mods to be made easier for the client (using spout), so i won't think it will be too long until the mods become better for it

26. Offline

tgp1994

I've been experiencing issues where the water would simply become frozen; is it possible that I have somehow installed this incorrectly? I never touched the config file for it, and the map was just generated after I installed the plugin.

27. Offline

Musaddict

copy and paste this into your config:
    @mindless728 you really should default the config so that air is automatically replaced.

tgp1994 likes this.
  28. Offline

tgp1994

That is really strange... so a functional config file isn't included by default? Wow...

Thank you, Musaddict. mindless; I hope the best for your mod! :)

29. Offline

mindless728

yeah, i have been thinking of that, the other option is not to put air in the config at all because if it is supposed to drop an item it crashes the server (or at least used to)

tgp1994 likes this.
  30. Offline

tgp1994

@mindless728: I guess I'm confused about how the liquid is quantified in your mod. In the following screenshot, I have a small pool of water;

2011-08-20_10.49.52.png

next to an empty pit:

(The image won't load... The pit is on the right of the above image.)

However, when I unblock the wall between the larger pit and the smaller pool of the water, the water flows into the bottom first level of the pit, then a second flow comes in and kind of moves back and forth a block.

2011-08-20_10.51.40.png

Out of all of the water that flowed into that pit, it looks as if none of it was displaced from the original pool.

Is this just kind of something that we can't expect to see yet? It would be really cool if the water level could change on a per square basis. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.