Real keys (read keys)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by FlOppy, May 1, 2013.

1. Offline

FlOppy

This title a little bit enigmatic, could be a nice idea, still i don't know if it's doable.

The problem of most servers is griefing like blocks, swears, killing...

Most of them are "fixable", but there is something that no one has really never done this is blocking the way to open a door or a chest. Ok i see you coming this is already done, i know that so please don't send me key plugins link i've checked all of them.

My key plugin would be more realistic and really interesting again if it's doable.

Mechanics:

So firstable i want a plugin which give you real physical keys so you can almost feel it in your own hands when you pick the item to open your door or chest.

To do that without any client mod, you would need a genius idea like maybe the book idea.

My idea is to write books to open a lock door.

How it works ?

My dream would be to name your book, and like this "key_(name you want to call the door or chest)

so it comes like this, me FlOppy want to lock a door, what i do is taking a book and quill, sign it name it key + favdoor not too long or you can't type it of course.

After this my book is created by FlOppy i take the book (key) and right or left click on the door i want to lock then a command is played and the door is lock with the book "key favdoor".

The cool feature in it is that book plugins to copy the book would allow everybody to make copies of their own keys so they can give their friends key to use to open their door too.

I know it sounds awesome i just hope that this is doable in the actual minecraft.

Thank you for reading hope someone would allow me to make this possible and alive.

Have a nice day everyone.

2. Offline

TheSimufreak

Well, i just started making bukkit plugins and i find your idea interessting. i think it would be usefull to use mysql, so i have to learn how it works and how to use it in bukkit plugins :D I'll do some research, but i think these should be possible ;)

3. Offline

FlOppy

Hello thank you for your concern, and yeah this is what i thought mysql should be necessary, and if you are ready to start a plugin like this don't hesitate to ask me more information.

PS: your english is good did you have nothing else as a signature ^^.

4. Offline

TheSimufreak

:D well, im from germany and my english teacher means that my english is not very properly :p

5. Offline

FlOppy

weird teacher^^

One question do you know if we can disable redstone act on door, so we can't open a door with a redstone torch, because for the moment all key plugin i've tested you can put a torch front of the door or where ever you want, and the door just open, so the plugin is kinda useless, i would like to know if it is possible maybe not to disable the redstone mechanic but just to block the placement of redstone torch all arround the door.

6. Offline

TheSimufreak

hmm, i can use blockplace events and check if there is any door nearby and if this is protectet

7. Offline

FlOppy

could be awesome, can you do that for buttons redstone blocks, levers, and pressure plates ?

8. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

9. Offline

TheSimufreak

timtower, thanks, that should be a bit easier to program

10. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Glad that I could help ;)

11. Offline

TheSimufreak

I think I just figured out how to use MySQL in Bukkit-Plugins. The features I'm planning are:
    - users has to set owner of a door(if a user places a door the owner will be set automaticly), users have to add non-secret codes to the door
    - only owner (or op's) can break the door
    - only owner can make keys for the door
    the key:
    - a book, the title should be the code set up some steps ago
    - the author of the book must be the owner of the door

if the door is locked, no one, even the owner, is able to open the door with rightklicking
    every user who has the key can unlock the door
    so, if the door is unlocked everybody can open the door

when this is implentet i'll to fix that "redstone-issue"

i'll make a "beta" of this plugin, so you can try it and report me if this is what u'r looking for.

12. Offline

FlOppy

Wow great :) really great dude.

This is looking perfect, and i can't wait to test the beta.

Oh i didn't get quite the code part of the door so everydoor would have finaly a code so even if you don't have the key you can still open it ? with the right code ? Or is this a code for the key to be recognized ?