"Read timed out"

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by brufski, May 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

brufski

Greetings fellow bukkit enthusiasts,

I'll get straight to the point: After I start the minecraft server and leave it on for 3/5 hours+, the error "Read timed out" appears randomly out of nowhere. Players get kicked out but can join again after a short period. This happens at intervals of roughly 15 to 20 minutes.

Specs:
    RAM: 8 GB (2x 4 GB DDR3-1333 CL9 9-9-24)
    CPU: i5-3470
    Connection: 6 Mbit up / 60 Mbit down
    Bukkit: 1.5.2-R0.1 (addons: dynmap)
    number of players: between 8 and 10
    Java version: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.12.5) (6b27-1.12.5-0ubuntu0.12.04.1) (OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.0-b12, mixed mode)

Command I run bukkit with: "java -Xms5G -Xmx5G -jar cb152.jar nogui". - I renamed the jar file.

Notes:
    - I use screen to log into the console after I quit and restart putty.
    - I turned off all other devices consuming bandwidth.
    - Speedtest showed me 6 Mbit upload speed, the speed it is supposed to be.
    - Ran updates, still to no avail.
    - I ran bukkit without the dynmap map viewer, and it still didn't fix the problem.
    - I've installed apache2, mysql, php5, phpmyadmin and directadmin, nothing else.

I've googled my ass off, but they only show either client-side related errors, or assume I have a shitload of plugins installed.

I'll provide more info if needed.

Halp!!1

2. Offline

Onionbro

I would guess that you have a bottleneck somewhere being caused by certain plugin(s). Have you tried generating timings reports, and checking processes to see how your resources are being used?

I know many servers want to have allot of plugins to try and stand out, but I think players also highly value performance. Try removing plugins in groups, or one at a time until the issue is fixed. This is a good exercise in helping you consider what plugins you actually need and what ones you can live without.

3. Offline

brufski

I also encouter the problem WITHOUT plugins

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.