Solved Re: Re: Boss Health Manipulation

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by xigsag, Oct 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

xigsag

bosshealth.JPG
    This is from Dungeon Realms. I've just recently been on, and I saw that they have already figured this out without having a giant ball of smoke in your face to display this.

I was also wondering, This appears when you are near a boss. What happens when other people are near you? Does the boss entity that displays your health appear on other people's screens as well?

Anyway, I'm figuring this has something to do with sending packets to players, without having the mob be there.

よろしくお願いします。

2. Offline

xigsag

Well, on the first time I posted this, someone linked me that.
    On the second time, someone clarified something about that for me. It worked, but
    this time, I found out that Dungeon Realms did not need to have smoke particles floating in your face to display the bar.

Or at least, they managed something that does that. Also, I feel like I am rewriting my original post. But no matter.

Perhaps there is a way to send the packet to individual players, displaying individual values?

EDIT: Clarifying that the smoke particles are what the fake-invisible wither boss emits when it is secretly floating near you, to display the bar. ALSO, you need to be looking at it for it to display the bar, which rather defeats the purpose if you are using it for a broadcasting plugin, or a reloading loading bar, since normally you would be moving as you reload, and you would definitely look away from those smoke particles, which happen to be giving away your position as you reload.

3. Offline

xigsag

mollekake Seen my sig?

mollekake Very sorry, I actually forked the code so that I wouldn't have to use it as an API. The in-game effects are to my liking as well. I love you, and thank you. :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2016
  4. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

mollekake

Congratulations. You got a girlfriend on Bukkit Forums

5. Offline

xigsag

BungeeTheCookie Man, we're engaged. Tomorrow at a wedding chapel near you.

6. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

7. suhweeeeet! i'll get you a candy ring, hold on!

Whenever i find a thing i like in a plugin, i look at the source and see if i can use it >:D xigsag

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.