Question Ranks on my Server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Knorke75, Jun 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Knorke75

Hi,
    today I wanted to put some Ranking System onto my Server. I tried PermissionEx and EssentialsGroupManager, but no Prefix was loaded. I put a Prefix into the config.yml and the group.yml, but it didn't matter. The other Plugins are Worldedit, Chairs, Openinv, and LWC. What did I do wrong? It is a Nitrato Server with Bukkit 1.8.3. Here is the groups.yml:
    # Group inheritance
    #
    # Any inherited groups prefixed with a g: are global groups
    # and are inherited from the GlobalGroups.yml.
    #
    # Groups without the g: prefix are groups local to this world
    # and are defined in the this groups.yml file.
    #
    # Local group inheritances define your promotion tree when using 'manpromote/mandemote'

groups:
    Default:
    default: true
    permissions:
    - -bukkit.command.kill
    inheritance:
    - g:groupmanager_default
    - g:bukkit_default
    - g:essentials_default
    - g:towny_default
    info:
    prefix: '&e'
    build: false
    suffix: ''
    Builder:
    default: false
    permissions: []
    inheritance:
    - g:essentials_builder
    - g:towny_builder
    info:
    prefix: '&2'
    build: true
    Moderator:
    inheritance:
    - builder
    - g:groupmanager_moderator
    - g:bukkit_moderator
    - g:essentials_moderator
    - g:towny_moderator
    - g:vanish_moderator
    info:
    prefix: '&5'
    Admin:
    inheritance:
    - g:groupmanager_admin
    - g:bukkit_admin
    - g:essentials_admin
    - g:towny_admin
    - g:vanish_admin
    info:
    prefix: '&c'
    Owner:
    permissions:
    - '*'
    - -vanish.effects.*
    - +vanish.effects.toggle.all
    inheritance:
    - admin
    info:
    prefix: '&4'

I entered /manuadd Knorke75 (thats me) Admin , but nothing happened...
    Please help me
    Knorke75

2. Offline

oceantheskatr

The prefix for Admin in your groups.yml is &c which is red. I'm guessing you're opped, so your username by default will be dark red. Try doing /mangaddv admin prefix &c[Admin] &r and make sure you're in the Admin group after. Say something in chat and let me know if it says [Admin] before your name.

3. Offline

Knorke75

Thats my Problem! I'm opped, but my username is not dark red... What did I do wrong? I typed: /mangaddv admin prefix &c[Admin] &r , /manuadd Knorke75 Admin and /manload, but it did not work... There is a screen I made under this post

Attached Files:

4. Offline

oceantheskatr

Your problem is /manload. That causes your server to reload your GroupManager. Doing that after setting the prefix is like drawing a picture then erasing it. You only need to do /manload if you've modified the groups.yml or another GroupManager file through FTP. Just doing /mangaddv admin prefix &c[Admin] &r and then adding yourself to the group is fine. If anything, you'd want to save it to groups.yml and users.yml so you'd use the command /mansave. Try doing the first two commands again but not /manload and see if that works.

5. Offline

Knorke75

Nop, in the screenshot you can see, that I first did everything without /manload, and after it did not work, id did /manload... and it did not work at all

6. Offline

oceantheskatr

Whoops, didn't look at the screenshot :p You need to get EssentialsChat if you don't already have it.

7. Offline

Knorke75

I put EssentialsChat into the Plugins Folder, but it isn't working at all (Look at the Screenshot) Or do I need the Essentials Core (Essentials.jar) to use the Plugin EssentialsChat? And why did it not work with PermissionEx neither?

Attached Files:

8. Offline

oceantheskatr

Ahh, I didn't know you weren't using Essentials. You need some sort of Chat Manager, and the most popular is EssentialsChat, which has a dependancy of Essentials. If you're on 1.8 or higher then get Essentials, EssentialsSpawn, and EssentialsChat from here: https://hub.spigotmc.org/jenkins/job/Spigot-Essentials/

That should fix that problem.

And so wait, are you using GroupManager or PermissionsEx now? Your previous posts have been in relation to GroupManager.

9. Offline

Knorke75

I'm using Groupanager, but it didn't function as well as PermissionEx, I'm trying now to put in Essentials and EsssentialsSpawn. But if I type /pl , Essentials, EssentialsChat and EssentialsSpawn are red! And it is now functioning anyways!

Its working now!!! Thank you very much! You made a couple people from Germany very happy! Thank you! But I don't want my name to be dark red, but I want so stay operator. How can I do this?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2016
  10. Offline

oceantheskatr

either use a nickname or go in to the Essentials config and right near the top of the config you'll see something that says op-color or something like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.