Filled RandomMobNames

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by madtomic, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

madtomic

Suggested name: RandomMobNames

What I want: A plugin that give all spawn mob a random name. Name is pick from a mobname flatfile and given randomly to spawn mob.

Edit: No mcmmo needed afterall.

config.yml, where color of name can be set or simply white color.

mobnames, flatfile, where names are stored.

Requirements:

Build against 1.7.10

No commands or permissions needed.

When I like it by: When you have time to code this!

Thanks,
    madtomic

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  2. Offline

Scimiguy

Mcmmo replaces the entity name with the hearts when it does so, so nothing we do will stop that unless we specifically want to

3. Offline

madtomic

Then there is no need to hook it. I thought it was needed in order for names to work. ☺️

4. Offline

Scimiguy

@madtomic
    Yep, should be a pretty easy plugin to do too.

I would have done it for you already, but I don't build against 1.7.10, sorry
    Someone give it a go though, it won't be difficult

5. Offline

madtomic

I think 1.7 and 1.8 handles the names the same?

6. Offline

Scimiguy

Eh, if no-one else has by tomorrow, I'll put it together for you for 1.8 then.

Post here in like 16 hours or something to remind me, i'll almost certainly forget lol

7. @madtomic
    Download | Source

Default config:
    Code:
    SNOWMAN:
      names:
      - 'CustomName'
      - '&4AnotherName'
    VILLAGER:
      inherit: SNOWMAN
      names:
      - 'CustomVillagerName'
    You can add "inherit: mobname" to copy the names from another mob, so you don't have to do this:
    Code:
    SNOWMAN:
      names:
      - 'CustomName'
      - '&4AnotherName'
    VILLAGER:
      names:
      - 'CustomName'
      - '&4AnotherName'
      - 'CustomVillagerName'
    I load all the mob names from the file to memory when the plugin loads. I could do this when a mob spawns and the names have not been loaded for that mob yet, but I don't want it possibly lagging your server. Here are all the supported mob types, compiled in 1.7.10:
    Code:
    BAT, BLAZE, CAVE_SPIDER, CHICKEN, COW, CREEPER, ENDER_DRAGON, ENDERMAN, GHAST, GIANT, IRON_GOLEM, HORSE, MAGMA_CUBE, MUSHROOM_COW, OCELOT, PIG, PIG_ZOMBIE, SHEEP, SILVERFISH, SKELETON, SLIME, SNOWMAN, SPIDER, SQUID, VILLAGER, WITCH, WITHER, WOLF, ZOMBIE
    These are the names you will be using in the config file. If I missed a mob, feel free to tell me and I'll add it in.

I tested the plugin on a 1.7.9 server with a few different mobs. It should work fine on 1.7.10 too.

8. Offline

madtomic

9. Hmm. Does it work for other mobs? I tried pigs and a few other mobs like snowmen, villagers and creepers and they all worked fine. Can you show your startup log? It should tell you how many custom names it loaded for each mob. Perhaps I messed up somewhere and it's not loading them

edit: I have no idea how I managed to get that "Lol" in my post and I can't seem to delete it :eek:
    edit 2: Mobile site keeps messing up my posts. Fixed now

10. Offline

madtomic

@Assist
    Lol. No error on start up. It seems to be working fine except on assigning names when server is generate the world for the first time.

If I breed the pigs the baby pig got a name. I would assume all passive will get a name only if breed.

Request: Is there a way to toggle showmobname only if player are within certain distant? Lets said like within 20 blocks?

11. @madtomic
    I'll look into that tomorrow. I was actually unable to get any natural spawns in my test world (most likely because of another plugin of mine) so I had to spawn the mobs using Essentials, every mob I spawned had a custom name. And I wasn't talking about an error, the plugin should tell you how many names were loaded for each mob. For example, if you have 2 names set for a PIG, then you should see "Loaded 2 names for mob: PIG" in the console on startup.

As for your request; I'll do that right after fixing everything that doesn't work for some reason!

12. Offline

madtomic

@Assist

Ok. Here is the start up log. I think names are only assign when summon/breed/use spawn_egg/night_spawn.

[12:27:45 INFO]: [RandomMobNames] Enabling RandomMobNames v1.0.0
    [12:27:45 INFO]: [RandomMobNames] Loaded 5 custom names for mob: PIG
    [12:27:45 INFO]: [RandomMobNames] Loaded 3 custom names for mob: SKELETON
    [12:27:45 INFO]: [RandomMobNames] Loaded 2 custom names for mob: SNOWMAN
    [12:27:45 INFO]: [RandomMobNames] Loaded 3 custom names for mob: SPIDER
    [12:27:45 INFO]: [RandomMobNames] Loaded 3 custom names for mob: VILLAGER
    [12:27:45 INFO]: [RandomMobNames] Loaded 3 custom names for mob: ZOMBIE

*Also no pig/villager was assigned names.

13. Offline

madtomic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.