Random stuff being deleted on my map

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Undrtakr, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Undrtakr

Hello everyone. New here. Love the bukkit plugin.

The other day I had to reboot my computer. I logged into my server and all my hard work was GONE. Its just a few friends that played so I thought it was a joke. Nope. A few days later a whole floor to our building was gone. I tried removing all the pluggins and still the same thing happened. Its random at random places on my map. Ok I created a new map. Few days later the same thing happened. I got rid of all the pluggins and still the same thing. I have a legit PAID minecraft account. Newest stable bucket. Windows 7 Ultimate. Server runs fine when all my friends are on it.
    Computer Specs...just in case
    Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit
    4 Gigs of ram
    Nvidia 9800 bfg 1 gig video card
    Intel Pentium D 933 3.0ghz
    Java version - 1.6.0_26
    No wrappers
    Running Bukkit 1.7.3
    Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-823-gb9d0b04-b860jnk

Server.log is LARGE. I will post it if its needed though.
    I already updated all the plugins.

Any information would help me out. Its frustrating to lose all your work. I do know that its still beta. Haven't tried vanilla minecraft server YET.

Thanks for any and all the help!

2. Offline

LaLa

Well, how do you shut down your server? Typing stop in the console, /stop in game, through a plugin, or by restarting your computer?

Installing an autosave plugin or backup plugin should help you with this.

Undrtakr likes this.
  3. Offline

Undrtakr

Thanks for responding LaLa.

I have tried a force save and that didn't keep the parts. I have an auto save. So I tried to reload the day before when I KNOW the work was there. I replaced the backed up files and that didn't bring back my stuff. To stop the server I normally just closed the window. Then restart my computer if needed. As you say I should probably be typing in /stop. Can just closing it cause stuff to be deleted? Even in the backup?

4. Offline

Stormbow

I've had the same problem for just closing the server, things that were done didn't get saved, and if the server was in the process of a massive procedure (like, for example, turning 500,000 blocks into air because your step-daughter was messing around...), not all 500,000 of those blocks will be saved as the server shuts down prematurely.

Undrtakr likes this.
  5. Offline

LaLa

There is a bug in bukkit that random things in chunks can get deleted, however; this is usually for signs/chests and doesn't happen too often. Just throwing that out there.

Typing /stop (op required for /stop) or typing stop in the console is how you should properly shut down your server. Even though you may save your server, the map may still not save properly or corrupt.

Undrtakr likes this.
  6. Offline

Undrtakr

Wow. Thanks Guys! I'm going to see about ending the server with /stop and will let you know how it comes along. If anyone has any other suggestions I'm up for them!

7. Offline

Undrtakr

Wanted to thank you all for the help. Server seems to be running fine now. Nothing is being deleted! I never knew I had to first save-all and then stop the server. Learn something new everyday eh? Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.