Random Spawning

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by 34486, Dec 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Plugin category: Spawning/Player joins

Minecraft version: 1.12.2

Suggested name: RandomSpawn

What I want: I wish for a plugin that will spawn players randomly in a set location that can be configured, with a configurable message to tell them. I would like to also be able to configure what blocks you can't spawn on, such as lava, cacti, portals, water, pressure plates and such. Also, If you die in the nether/end, it should send you back to the over world to do the random spawn. If a player has a set bed, then they don't get random spawned. The previous plugin I was using had stopped working in 1.10.1 or 1.11.2 (I forgot) and all the other plugins don't work/provide the wrong things/won't re spawn you randomly on death.

Ideas for commands: Reload command? Not really a need for a command.

Ideas for permissions: Not necessary unless a reload command might be needed, if so only ops shall be using reload.

When I'd like it by: As soon as possible please, Don't stress yourself!

THANK YOU! ;)

I hope I get notifications on this, but writing this should hopefully make me remember to check back..

2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@34486
    This seems simple enough to code.

However, I have a few questions before I start writing the plugin:
    1. Are the spawns actually random, or do you really want the locations to be configurable. Based on everything else in the text, it seems you want it to be random (needing to check blocks before spawning, the name RandomSpawn, 'won't respawn randomly on death')
    2. If it is random, are there limits to how far from spawn a player can spawn, and do they have the ability to spawn at spawn (or is that not allowed)
    3. If it is not random, why do you need block detection? You know the locations and can protect those regions so players cannot lava or portals there.

34486 likes this.
  3. Offline

@Zombie_Striker Yes, I need it random, and the limit from how far it can spawn from 'spawn' shuld be able to be configurable by xy and xy again, so -1000 -1000 to 1000 1000 as an example.

Thanks! [diamond][diamondblock][cake]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.