Random lag after update

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Arcaian, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Arcaian

My bro and my friends and I play on a LAN server. We never have more than 4 people on at once, so I just host on my computer (6gb of RAM, 3GHz quad-core CPU, so that should be enough for 4 people) and that was always fine. After the 1.4 minecraft update, we had to update bukkit , and I hadn't updated anything in about 1 week. Suddenly, anyone else is fine with it, but me (the host) gets unplayable lag. Anyone know why this is happenning ? I've been using bukkit since very early on, and this happened when I first tried to host, but I fixed it. I can't remember how now. Here is the info that you say you need:
    32 or 64 bit : 64 bit
    Java version:1.6.0_23
    Wrappers: None
    Build of Craftbukkit: 670 (646-gb61ef8c-b670jnks (MC: 1.4))
    What command are you using to start the server:
    Code:
    @echo off
    java -Xms512M -Xmx512M -jar craftbukkit.jar nogui
    pause
    Plugins: I've tried without any plugins, and still get the error, but atm I'm running:
    Craftbook
    ecoCreature
    iConomy
    LocalShops
    mcMMO
    Multiverse
    Permissions
    Towny
    Errors: No errors, just a lot of lag for the host.
    Thanks for the help!
    Arcaian

2. Offline

Andre_9796

You know you launch the server with only 512 mb of ram?

3. Offline

Plague

@Arcaian : 512MB RAM is pretty low for a minecraft server, use 1500MB if on 32bit java, more otherwise

@andre_9796 : don't quote full posts if not necessary.

4. Offline

Arcaian

Howcome it has not lagged before? Has something changed since the mid 500's ?

5. Offline

Plague

Well 1.4 is more hungry for resources from what I've read

6. Offline

Arcaian

OK, is 1024mb fine , or should I put it at 1.5gb ? Or 2gb ? 2048 is 2gb, what's 1.5gb ?

7. Offline

Plague

1500MB if you have 32bit java is the max
    I use 3G on my server (64b)

8. Offline

Arcaian

I'll put it at 2gb, that should be enough for 3 people, which is what is on at most of the time!
    Thanks for your help, I wouldn't have thought of this (I just copied that code from the tutorial AGES ago, and presumed it was still applicable)
    :D - thanks guys.
    EDIT: Thanks ! That worked. 2048 mb of RAM was enough, thanks heaps !

9. Offline

Andre_9796

10. Offline

Arcaian

I'm still getting lag with 2gb of RAM, and I can run the normal minecraft server without any problems. I'm trying to get rid of the lag by running without plugins, but doesn't change anything. My computer's RAM use doesn't increase more than about 300-400mb past it's idle RAM use when I'm trying to run and play minecraft on a bukkit server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.