Random Kits

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by mudzereli, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Offline

mudzereli

I'd like to see a plugin that lets players have kits with random chances for certain things. The following things are what I'd like to see:

- Kits based off permissions (or even better - groupmanager)
    - The ability to assign a percent chance to receive each item in the kit (for example, miners could have a 5% chance to get a gold bar in their kit, 1% chance for diamond, 10% chance for iron, 30% chance for coal, etc)
    - The ability to specify a time at which the player can receive the kit in duration of seconds/hours/days

I'm fully aware that there are kit plugins available, but to my knowledge none of them allow a random percentage for items.

I'd imagine the config would look something like this:

Code:
    Kits:
        #This kit is called Miner
        Miner:
            #Player can get a kit once every 24 hours
            time: 86400
            chances:
                #10% chance for 3-6 coal
                coal: 10 3 6
                #5% chance for 2-4 iron
                iron: 5 2 4
                #3% chance for 2-4 lapis lazuli
                ink_sack: 3 2 4 4
                #1% chance for 1 diamond
                diamond: 1
            #100% chance that the player will receive anything at all
            probability: 100

And the Permissions nodes would look like this

Code:
    - Kits.Miner.*

2. Offline

Nohup

so would you see them requesting it? /gimmemykit? :) Or are you thinking from a box?

3. Offline

mudzereli

Either way. Command based would be preferable. Iconomy support would be excellent.

This idea was inspired by dropbonus as I'm sure you can tell I pretty much mimicked your config file. :)

4. Offline

Nohup

I saw your post over there, just figured it would be better to have this discussion over here rather than make that thread any more complicated than it already is lol. So are you in it more for the role play of it or you just want to get a set of stuff to start your day? If it is more for the RP, I would think you would want an "armory" setup of some sort, they have to find one and go in, choose one of the available load outs and then click to get it. I can do it either way really, just trying to get a feel for what you are after

5. Offline

mudzereli

Yeah. I'm in the process of building a towny/mcmmo/dropbonus server where everything is segregated by groupmanager/permissions into classes (Fighter (mcmmo weapon skills)/Mayor (towny creation commands and some tools)/Blacksmith(mcmmo mining/excavation/repair/dropbonus for ore&shovels)/Ranger (mcmmo herbalism/woodcutting/excavation/dropbonus for wood/plants/shovels)) This would be an excellent edition as I want to reward players with random bonuses (i.e. random wood/dyes for rangers, iconomy coins for mayors, ingots for blacksmiths, etc)

The armory style setup would be nice from an rpg perspective, but isn't really necessary. Whatever way you prefer would be fine with me.

6. Offline

Nohup

I take it this one doesn't do what you need?

7. Offline

mudzereli

I'm really looking for the randomness part of it, which sadly, that one doesn't offer. I'm a big fan of RNG. It keeps players addicted, myself included.

Never knowing when you might get that rare drop next makes the game way more fun.

8. Offline

Ralekei

DO WANT!

9. Offline

Nohup

Sorry guys, havent forgotten about this one, just been busy on the others ones and on Dragon Age :p