Rainbow plugin with random loot at the end of the rainbow

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Tim Andersen, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Offline

Tim Andersen

is this plugin possible?. The rainbow could be made out of collored wool. and random loot chest at the end. how problematic would such a plugin be to make?

Pixeldk

2. Offline

C0R7

thats a cool idea

3. Offline

HuntMASTER15

Sounds very possible to me. It doesn't require new textures which is a plus. All it would take is modifying chunk rendering sounds like. Seems easy. Too bad I ain't a dev.

4. Offline

Daniel Heppner

It is possible. Especially if you used the player.sendBlockChange thing. Then you could have a rainbow for only one player. I don't have the know-how to do this, though. Sorry.

5. Offline

Tim Andersen

would be great if a plugin author would take this up and put it toghether :)

6. Offline

Everdras

Could just make the rainbow out of differently colored wools. The command could be like /rainbow, and it'd put the chest in front of you, then generate the wool rainbow arcing away to the side until it hits y=128, with the arc path defined by an inverse parabola with vertex at the chest, and range of [y of chest, 128).

Could also make it automatic/randomly make them.

7. Offline

CrossBread216

I've got friends on a server who think this would be pretty cool, so I'll take a stab at it soon. I'm developing another plugin or two at the moment, but I'll let you know about progress.