RacesAndClasses Plugin ChatHealth Messing Up

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by ThePureAnarchy, Aug 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ThePureAnarchy

Hey guys, I am using racesandclasses plugin. It has an option of enabling/disabling health bar in chat, which pretty much pops up everytime the players health regenerates or when the players take damage. That keeps on spamming the players chat, I got into config, and set the health_bar_inChat_enable to false, after the reload the plugin messes up completely, starts sending out thousands of error logs, all the commands related to the plugin stop working, the chat system blocks up. If anyone could possibly fix it up for me, I would be very grateful.
    Thanks,
    Anarchy

2. show the error log

3. Offline

oceantheskatr

Never reload your server. As you can see from the example you've provided, it breaks plugins. Instead, if the plugin has a reload command use that, or restart your server. That should fix the problem.

4. I always reload my server and it never causes issues or bugs or breaks plugins

5. Offline

oceantheskatr

Depends on the plugins, certain ones can and will get messed up from a reload. Also, if the server isn't powerful enough, or doesn't have enough available RAM during the restart then it is possible for files to get screwed up or data to be lost during a crash. (I've seen entire towns get reset to days before on Towny, and towns.yml files be corrupted).

While yes, it's generally unlikely to cause any problems, it can. My server has 66 plugins and if I try to reload it, it'll crash. Lots of heavy heavy plugins running on it.

6. Offline

ThePureAnarchy

Umm.. I fixed the plugin issue. Btw Reloading isn't bad, it just takes up a lot of ram and resetting all plugins deactivates all plugins for a short amount of time which aint nice, but reloading still works. And I am set on ram as I have a 24 gig Dedicated server

7. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@ThePureAnarchy Reloading causes memory leaks in general which could crash the server eventually.

oceantheskatr likes this.
  8. Offline

ThePureAnarchy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.