Quick Questions

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Alex5657, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Alex5657

1) When a player logs in, how many chunks around him are loaded? Or does this depend on the visibility?
    2) If I use the loadChunk(x,z) method to load a chunk far away, will the chunk stay loaded until I unload it manually, or will it immediately unload since no players are close?

2. Offline

Ivan

1) This is configurable in the server.properties file I believe.
    2) AFAIK, it will automatically unload since no players are close. You can use the chunkunloadevent and cancel that to prevent that from happening

3. Offline

adam753

1: A radius of 10 chunks around the player, or 11 if you count the one the player is in. I think this can be changed in server.properties though.
    2: No, it will never unload until something causes it to (for example, a player going there and then leaving.)

4. Offline

Alex5657

adam753 Ivan
    Alright, well I got the answer to my 1st question.
    However, you guys seem to disagree on the second one. Could someone clarify?

5. Offline

adam753

I'm pretty sure loadChunk is the same as someone walking within range of the chunk, which means it has to be unloaded by someone leaving the area (or manually). I looked at this thread which talks about the loading and unloading of chunks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.