Questions About High CPU Usage

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Crayder, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Crayder

Trying to narrow down what is the likeliest to cause my issues:
    1. Would chunk corruption (though the world is still functioning and playable) cause high CPU usage on a world?
    2. Would upgrading from 1818 to Bukit++ recently have any likely effect on CPU usage?

2. Offline

C0r3y

cpu usage ive never had a problem with even now with my server cpu is 1% problem i have with mine is the ram usage its a hog

mybe something is running in the background not related to the server?

3. Offline

h0us3cat

My cpu useage never drops since 1.1.
    It was at +60% one time with 0 players online.

4. Offline

Crayder

I've disabled recent plugins, used Chunkster, tried a ton of things. My world's CPU usage absolutely will not go down. It started 3 days ago. I upgraded to 1.1.0 about 5 days ago. Really not understanding.

5. Offline

chilldy

There could be MANY problems that effect your cpu usage. Here are just a few.

1. Plugins(could be a bug)
    2. Host overselling
    3. Low quality CPU

Also try running minecraft in vanilla without bukkit on a fresh test map and see if the problem is still there.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
  6. Offline

h0us3cat

Kinda hard to run vanilla or with 0 plugins since it only happens when there something happening on the server.
    I already disabled 30 plugins atm, see how that goes.

7. Offline

Crayder

It's not #2 or #3, my host has actually been underselling. I'm #13 on the following graph:
    [​IMG]

My plugins are as follows: Vault, HeroicDeath, Essentials, LoginPerks, XrayInformer, SimpleNews, EssentialsChat, CombatTag, Vanish2, EssentialsProtect, PlugMan, NoCheat, LogBlockQuestioner, ChannelChat, EssentialsSpawn, obuShutTheHellUp, mcbans, Multiverse-Core, ChannelTap, Spout, Votifier, Maintenance Mode, HidePlugins, BlockHat, CommandLimiter, PersonalChest, GroupManager, Minequery, CCLogger, FoundBoxx, FrogAnnounce, PvPReward, mcMMO, ReferAFriend, LogBlock, Factions, WorldBorder

Many of those shouldn't even affect the CPU at all.

8. Offline

chilldy

You said you disabled recent plugins. Did you try disabling all of them? It's not that the plugins itself will cause the issue it could be that there may be a bug with a plugin that isn't yet fully supported with latest bukkit.

9. Offline

CFCParadox

What hosting environment are you utilizing? Is it Shared or VPS or Dedicated? If it is Linux could you post the output of the top -H command?

10. Offline

Nathan C

Yeah, no offense but it is shared hosting and there is not much you can do.

Could be weak CPU per core, overselling even though you claim it's not or it even could be slow/oversold disk i/o.

Although could install plugins like nolagg or install craftbukkit++ is the best you could do with a shared host. Who is the host btw, I am curious? EDIT: I see your host...those prices are outrageous and you could easily get a 4 gig dedicated for that much.

11. Offline

h0us3cat

I have found the plugin, it was minecartmania. Going to try some dev builds today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.