Plugin Help Question

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by Inwin1, Dec 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Inwin1

Hey!

So I want the ability to add chat colour to people with subgroups. For example if I add a mod to a subgroup, I want him to have a red chat colour (the reason I am not using manuadd and the essentials permissions, is because I am setting up to different permission ladders to my Prison server)

If someone could tell me if this is possible, and if it is what the command it. I would highly appreciate it!

Thank you

Best Regards
    -Inwin1

2. Offline

pie_flavor

If I remember correctly, just add a color code to the suffix.

3. Offline

Inwin1

@pie_flavor I have tried using suffix. But I cant make it work. Could you or someone else give me the command to execute to give a subgroup the ability to have red/green or any colour for chat.

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  4. Offline

TechnoGeek123

@Inwin1, What permissions system are you using? Also, are you using EssentialsChat or another plugin for chat color, such as ChatColor?

5. Offline

pie_flavor

@Inwin1 Maybe try swapping the two systems, making the prison the subgroup and the mod and such being the main group.

6. Offline

Inwin1

@TechnoGeek123 I am using EssentialsChat. Everything is set up the right way. My only problem is that when I move them to a subgroup they dont change the chat colour.

@pie_flavor This is a bit hard for me to do. The reason why is that my rankup plugin is starting with the Member rank and then to B-C-D etc. If I then add the group to a maingroup, they cant do /rankup and they lose the ranks that they have gotten when they had the member rank. So what I am saying is that donors that buys/upgrades to a rank, cant use the rankup. Thats why I had to make the Donor/Mod etc ranks to subgroups and the Prison ranks as main ranks. The only problem I am having is that I cant change the chat colour. If there is any way to do this (with a plugin or soo) then I would like to know it. If you know/or have any instruction on how to make the prison ranks as subgroup and the Donor/Mod ranks as Maingroup. I would love to hear it. Also if you have any good suggestion for a rankup plugin that can make a rankup for every main group, and that when they change the Mainrank they wont lose their Prison rank.

I hope that I explained good enought. Any suggestions would help me. Thanks!

Best Regards
    -Inwin1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.