[Question] Parkour Help!

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by sethrem, Jun 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

sethrem

Hello,

This is more of an idea post rather then a help post.

Basically I have this plugin where it allows you to walk on walls and do wall jumps and I was wondering on if making these features only work if you have a custom item with a certain lore and or display name. I already have permissions added for these features but I was wondering on what would be a good way to just toggle on and toggle off these features.
    Thanks in advanced.

2. Offline

teej107

3. Offline

sethrem

@teej107 yes per player.

Bump

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2016
  4. Get the item with player.getItemInHand()
    Check if has ItemMeta: item.hasItemMeta()
    Get the ItemMeta with item.getItemMeta()
    Get the displayName with meta.getDisplayName()
    Get the lore with meta.getLore()

5. Offline

sethrem

@FisheyLP I clearly stated above that I am not asking for help because I do not need in this this case but rather I am asking for an idea, but thank you for trying to help.

6. Offline

teej107

@sethrem Use a Set. If the player is in the Set, then they can do wall stuff. If not, then they can't.

7. Offline

sethrem

@teej107 Again I am not asking on how to do what I stated I was asking if it was a good idea I only need ideas not help. I want the best user friendly way to do this for players and I can't think of one but an item with a specific lore and name.

8. Offline

I Al Istannen

@sethrem A german youtuber called "HalbZwilling" did that with commandblocks for his jump and run map "Tron Parcour". He gave you xp while you were sprinting. If the xpbar was nearly full, you were able to wall jump. Not sure if that will suit you though.

9. Offline

teej107

That'll work . And then just right click to toggle.

10. Offline

sethrem

@teej107 Well you hold right click on a wall to walk on it so that wouldn't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.