Question Blocks

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by roracle, Sep 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

roracle

Plugin category: Fun

Minecraft version: 1.10.2 Spigot & Bukkit compatible

Suggested name: QuestionBlocks

What I want: I would like a way to have a head block with the question mark texture, and when right clicked it can give the player an item of the admin's choosing.

The admin should be able to create these blocks on a command, name it, set the desired item, and set a time frame for that block PER PLAYER. This way one could provide, say a Nether Star, at a block, but you can only use the block every 3 months. But something like, say a Mushroom, it could be every 10 minutes.

It may not need MySQL but I would not be averse to the inclusion of it. And I guess it goes without saying, this is like the blocks in the Super Mario Bros. games. Because of this, another nice feature would be two options for the blocks individually: direct to inventory or pop out. Direct to inventory would be useful for rare items on long time frames, while pop out would be a fun way for more common time frames. If a player tries to use the block during the timer countdown, a message such as "You may use this block in 0 days, 34 hours, 22 minutes".

Ideas for commands: All commands would be the admin's:

• /questionblock - root command, alias 'qb', 'qblock'
    • /qblock create <name> - Eg. /qblock create MyBlock
      • This could be extended with the arguments from the set command, such as:
      • /qblocks create MyBlock nether_star inv 90d 0h 0m
        • I'm just guessing on how the time settings would be done.
    • /qblock set time MyBlock 90d 0h 0m
    • /qblock set item MyBlock red_mushroom
    • /qblock set type
      • inv - item goes directly to inventory
      • pop - item pops out from the block like in Mario games

Ideas for permissions:

• questionblocks.admin - ability to create and place questionblocks
    • questionblocks.use - ability to use a questionblock

When I'd like it by: Anytime within two months. Thank you. :)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.