Solved Question About .mcr Files

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by ERROR372, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ERROR372

So I'm quite confused here. I know this isn't exactly a Bukkit question, moreso a Minecraft question. But I did notice in the Bukkit post about saving your structures, they mentioned that if it complains about the .mcr files, you just delete those files, no problem. So I have 2 questions about that:

1) Can I safely delete the .mcr files that my worlds have, or will that corrupt my worlds?

2) Is there any reason to keep the .mcr files?

2. Offline

Bobcat00

If you're running 1.6.x or 1.7.x, you can safely delete all the .mcr files.

3. Offline

ERROR372

I'm just a bit worried about corruption (we have some members who very much like our worlds). Also worried that maybe the .mcr files could be used to fix problems with the .mca files or something.

4. Offline

Suyguy

ERROR372 even if it did, you should ALWAYS back up all your servers (not just the worlds)

5. Offline

Bobcat00

Shut down the server, make a full backup (which you should do periodically anyway), delete the .mcr files, then restart. It will be fine.

6. Offline

ERROR372

Suyguy Bobcat00

Thanks for letting me know about this. I did do a backup, planned on it anyways, deleted the mcr files, and so far things seem okay. Cut down over 1 gig of wasted space, woo! Thanks again! =D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.