Question About Creating a Project (or Projects)

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by Goblom, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Goblom

I have a bunch of small plugins that do simple tasks and provide small utilities for servers. I want to create a project for each of them but i don't want to have a butt-load of plugin on my forums profile and dbo profile page.

I read the Project Submission Guidelines but it doesn't have an answer for what i want to do, so im asking the community (but mainly dbo staff) if we are allowed to do something like this...
    Again, i am asking this because the Project Submission Guidelines does not mention anything about what i am asking.

2. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

The problem you would run into is that the file management system doesn't really support doing what you want. The download link will just point to the last approved file. The system is set up such that a project is for an individual plugin.

If I were doing it, I'd create per-plugin projects, and have a header or footer on each project description that links to the other projects (Or a few of them, like "Enjoy this plugin? Maybe [x]'s [feature] would interest you, or [y]'s [other feature] can work nicely with this plugin to do [magic].")

3. Offline

Goblom

mbaxter The thing is; I don't want a bunch of projects for a bunch of small plugins, i want one single project that holds a bunch of plugins. (I sounded like a child there)

Bukkit Dev needs the option to have something like "Project Folders" for each user, so that the user can organize the projects on their Forums Profile & DBO Page. Or maybe just have the option for a single project to support multiple plugins via a folder type system.

4. Offline

breezeyboy

Make a plugin that loads modules and then have them download modules. I also don't agree with your idea

5. Offline

Goblom

breezeyboy Thank for mentioning modules, i totally forgot i could do that. (doh!).

Even so, i would rather stick to my original idea, if i can figure out how to make it look nice.

Modularized Plugin it is!

breezeyboy and timtower like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.