Quest for Build Rights

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by GhostToast, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Offline

GhostToast

Is there a plugin or combination of plugins that would enable me to setup a scenario similar to the one I describe below?

NewPlayer logs in to server. He is in a cave, a separate spawn from everyone else who has already passed the test he must undertake. It is a "newb" dungeon. Maybe it's a bit like a maze, it's certainly indestructable (worldGuard/Edit), but there is definitely a way out, and definitely no monsters (light that sucker up..any other way to keep monsters out of a specific area?). Eventually he makes it! Now something happens which promotes him to a higher level of Permissions (2.5.1+ please). The next time he has to respawn, he will do so in the main area. He now has build rights. He has passed the test!

Any ideas? A quiz? Reaching a certain physical location?

I suppose an epicgate gate could take him out of the newb dungeon once he is done. He wouldn't have to have build rights "off" if the newb dungeon was indestructable. But what will change his spawn location automatically?

I appreciate any thoughts. This whole idea is to force brand new players to invest a little time so they can't just log on and start tearing dirt up and stacking it all over the place.

Edit: I guess the key difference between this and what I already am aware of is a system for automated promotes.
    --- merged: Mar 4, 2011 2:41 PM ---
    nobody? what are other people's solutions to keeping griefers out? besides whitelist or manually adding build rights.

2. Offline

woodzy

as for the spawn for noobs to the spawn from reglers, done know. BUT u could allow sertin grops to have build rights the this "dugon" and have a door that thay can use but not the noobs
    the dugen worldedit/guard. world guard can make it so mobs cant spawn.
    auto premoteing i dont think there is one.
    the epic gate u could use falsebook
    grefers, use logblock, ytedit with permissons (phenx) 2.6 add on-the-fly
    worldgauard areas go to the wiki for more info

3. Offline

Daniel Heppner

Okay, does it have to automagically level the player up? How about a sign he/she right clicks on?
    If that's okay, I suppose I could take a whack at this tonight.

Oh, and WorldGuard can stop monsters from spawning.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016