Punishment Plugin that utilizes a GUI

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by knuckles0315, Dec 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

knuckles0315

2. Offline

knuckles0315

Bump for viewers.

GrandmaJam likes this.
  3. Offline

knuckles0315

4. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@knuckles0315, so this is going to get complicated. zahachos apparently is not going to publicly post the file in it's current state because he secondarily designed it for the server he owns.
    directly from the conversation. This weekend i'll strip it down to something that's usable (yes, it's REALLY complicated and specialized in its current state) and i'll give you the jar. It will be unofficial though.
    PS. This post never happened in his eyes. I don't think he wants me messing with it, but you did rightfully request it at first, I did contribute to its creation and he did truly mean for it to be usable by others.

5. Offline

knuckles0315

@Tecno_Wizard ok that sounds alright. Thanks for your help in making this plugin.

MoejoeAw44 likes this.
  6. Offline

knuckles0315

@Tecno_Wizard Also, what do you mean by complicated and specialized?

7. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@knuckles0315, it's set up specifically for the server's SQL database, and the config is not exactly user friendly.

8. Offline

knuckles0315

@Tecno_Wizard Ah. What is the config like?

@Tecno_Wizard Just out of curiosity can you provide a link to the open source?

EDIT by Timtower: merged posts

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015
  9. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@knuckles0315, no, there's a lot more in that repo that I cannot put out publically. The config is a stinking mess because there is none. It's set to be changed by changing environmental variables. I know I said I would get it done this weekend, but I had absolutely no free time to do it, plus there was an error that Zahachos had to fix

10. Offline

knuckles0315

@Tecno_Wizard This is no worry as I know you are putting forth incredible effort. Is there a date you expect to be finished?

@Tecno_Wizard is there an estimate time?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  11. Offline

knuckles0315

@Tecno_Wizard are you approaching being finished with this plugin?

12. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@knuckles0315, you're probably going to have to get someone else to finish this. I'm sorry. Zahachos's code is an absolute mess and i cannot fix it. Right now, it queries every player in the server each tick ( 20 times a second), and because he has little real world programming experience, he thinks that this is okay. It will wreck havoc on a server, but the code is such a mess that I cannot even understand it well enough to rewrite it. I'm sorry you waited so long for this with him nor i coming through. There's just not much I can do right now. He refuses to understand the problem, and I can't understand how to fix it. I truly would completely rewrite this if I had the time, but I just don't. If you have any other small utilities you would like, I will graciously create it for you as an apology.

Again, really sorry. I saw this coming earlier but I hoped he'd come to his senses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.