Filled Punishment Announcer

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by C.L., Sep 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ZP18

Sorry I haven't really done any work on it for a while, I'd just like to say though, the message you sent earlier has really deeply affected me, I mean I understand you questioning it but then taking that extra step further really hurt.

2. Offline

Rayzr522

@C.L.
    You kinda went a little over the top. A friendly "please stop" was all that was necessary.

Since you haven't really... encouraged... @ZP18 to work hard, I'll pick up the slack. But seriously. Next time, just ask someone to stop. You might even find out that it's not what you thought it was. If you looked a bit further on the forums, you'd see there are other people with that at the bottom of their messages. It's something that's automatically added by the Tapatalk app.

ipodtouch0218 likes this.
  3. Offline

C.L.

Yeah okay. I already said I didn't know. I'm sorry for the harm I did. Forget about the taptalk and move on, okay.

I found a bug with the plugin. I added commands from another plugin PlayerFreeze and I tested it but it doesn't show broadcasts for the PlayerFreeze commands. I found no errors in console, it just won't post the messages. It only broadcasts the mute, kick, and ban from essentials.

4. Offline

Rayzr522

@C.L.
    1. What commands?
    2. What does your config look like?

Also please Tahg us if you want us to respond quickly :p

5. Offline

C.L.

@Rayzr522

1. My commands are /warn, /freeze, /unfreeze
    2. My config looks like this:
    Code:
    # Whether or not to broadcast punishments
    enabled: true
    punishments:
      mute:
        command: mute
        permission:
          use: essentials.mute
          bypass: essentials.mute.exempt
        has-reason: false
      kick:
        command: kick
        permission:
          use: essentials.kick
          bypass: essentials.kick.exempt
        has-reason: true
      warn:
        command: warn
        permission:
          use: playerfreeze.warn
          bypass: playerfreeze.bypass
      freeze:
        command: freeze
        permission:
          use: playerfreeze.freeze
      unfreeze:
        command: unfreeze
        permission:
          use: playerfreeze.freeze
        has-reason: false
    Will you also add the jail broadcast where it shows what jail they were jailed to?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  6. Offline

Rayzr522

@C.L.
    Hmmm, I assume you're providing a reason (/freeze <player> <reason>), and that the player you're trying to punish doesn't have the bypass permission?

7. Offline

C.L.

Yes, I did it on a test account without the bypass permission. When I tried /freeze I didn't put the reason. But when warning a player I did put the reason. Maybe you should separate the config to have message formats with the reason, and message formats without the reason. So if I do /freeze without a reason, it should pick the no reason format, but if I put a reason, it should pick the reason format.

8. Offline

Rayzr522

@C.L.
    That's a little harder to detect the command properly then, we'd basically need a has-reason and requires-reason field that are separate... but I'll see what I can do. Btw that's what the has-reason: true means, it means it needs a reason for the command. That's the only way for the plugin to know how the command is meant to be used...

9. Offline

C.L.

@Rayzr522 OK. When I did /warn on someone I did give the reason. But it still doesn't show. Any fixes to my config?

10. Offline

Rayzr522

@C.L.
    Hmmm, I'll look into it and try and reproduce your problems (for debugging purposes). Also is there any specific reason why you listed that it has to be compatible with 1.5-latest? I mean seriously, why?

On a side note, I was gone for the weekend so sorry for my slow reply. I'm back now, so I can work on this again.

11. Offline

C.L.

Because I might want to start a 1.5.2 server at school in technology class, because that's the only version of minecraft they have and most minecraft sites are blocked. Here at home, I'm running a 1.7.10 cauldron server, and I might also want to recommend this plugin for servers that run the latest version.

12. Offline

Rayzr522

I can't guarantee this will even work on 1.5.2. There is no support for it. We, as a team, will not support it. I'm not being mean, I'm just being realistic: we can't support a version that is now 6 major updates behind.

If it works in 1.5.2? Great. If not? I'm sorry, but that's life. As for 1.7.10... for this request we will support that. I'll try and make it work on 1.7.10. But seriously, 4 major versions behind? We can't support versions that old in any practical manner.

I understand cauldron hasn't been updated past 1.7.10, and that really sucks. I wish someone would pick that up again...

13. Offline

Rayzr522

@C.L. Do you need the /pb toggle state stay for players after a server restart? I mean aren't you mainly just gonna use it to temporarily hide the messages from people you punish? Also another way we could do this is just not send broadcasts to the person getting punished...

Also if you don't want the /pb toggle state to stay after a server restart then that makes my job waaaaaaay easier :D

14. Offline

ipodtouch0218

Get a thumbdrive or flashdrive or whatever it's called, get a portable version of java, install the launcher onto there with a versions folder (I'm guessing it cant download from the internet because its blocked) and put the server onto your "master" computer.

What your saying "its the only version of minecraft they have" sounds like your pirating the game. I understand that's not your intention, but that's what your doing.

15. Offline

C.L.

If you're saying I should use a USB drive to put my Minecraft stuff onto a school computer I use in technology class, I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be doing that. Last year, I lost my SanDisc USB drive doing that because one day I plugged it into the computer and when I left that class to go to my next class, I forgot and lost it. I don't think you're supposed to put your USB into a computer anyways unless you're doing it for a power point presentation. We're not supposed to tamper with computer files. That's what Google Drive is for, so I won't need to use a USB drive that I'll just forget and loose again. Just transfer files across 2 computers by Google Drive.
    Okay so it looks like you're blaming me for pirating minecraft. I have minecraft bought. I have a premium Minecraft account and yet you call me the game pirate? WRONG! If anybody, it would be the school that's "pirating" minecraft. See, they can't buy everyone a premium minecraft account, so they use Anjo Caido's cracked Minecraft launcher and you can't change game versions because it's stuck on 1.5.2. At home, I use the Titan launcher, which is just like mojang's launcher except you can switch between using premium Minecraft account or cracked username, but most of the time I use my premium account, not cracked. But don't reply saying anything about this again because it's off topic in this thread. This is a plugin request/project thread, not a 'discuss about pirating minecraft' thread.

If you want to discuss that off topic matter further, send me a PM, but I don't think I'd have anything more to say so I don't think you should PM me about it.
    I was thinking that it should auto reset or delete the player state data when I stop or restart the server. If the server is running it saves, even after the player leaves, but my general idea of this was that if I stop or restart the server, it doesn't save.
    That's a great idea! ;) You're right that I shouldn't be toggling it off for players I punish, it just shouldn't show them the message in the first place if they get punished.
    Well then if that makes you're job easier then I approve. I have no clue about java coding and Minecraft plugin making, but aren't you sure the job wouldn't be easier if you didn't put in the 'keep playerdata after server stop/restart' feature? If it still makes your job easier to make it save playerdata then it's okay.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  16. Offline

ipodtouch0218

@C.L.

Jeez, you got really offended by that. You just didn't make it clear, because cracked/hacked versions aren't supported on Bukkit, which asking is totally on-topic if I'm clarifying one of the rules.

I never said that you didn't have a premium account.

Heck, if you're hosting the server, which you said you'd want to do, the server would require offline mode, which is against the rules of Bukkit. I'm not going to report the thread for cracked versions, because you want it on your Cauldron server, but if it was only that 1.5 server, I would.

17. Offline

C.L.

There's no difference between cracked 1.5.2 and premium 1.5.2. The only difference is that you can use whatever name you have chosen. I have to use cracked because the school network blocks MC networks. If I used hacked versions, it would be just to troll someone on LAN, just like when I used Nodus on someone's LAN world last school year. BTW, that's a client-side matter, not a server-side matter. So it doesn't really matter what kind of version bukkit supports, because bukkit can only do server-side for you so I say just fuck about whether they support premium or cracked, it's the same basic thing! I only said that minecraft networks are blocked because even if I had a legit mojang launcher, it can't auto update because the network it needs to auto update is blocked in the school network, and you come charging in saying fuck about pirating MC and what not.

I only mentioned it and it doesn't need to be discussed in detail, if we discuss it in detail, the thread would go off-topic. So go away and don't reply again because so far it looks like you're just disrupting the flow of the topic. I don't need you to tell me what kind of versions bukkit or hell supports! I only need the thread to go on as a project discussion about what features I want and what Rayxr522 can put in the plugin. And if you continue to argue with me, by doing that you will disrupt the flow of the topic and this thread might be closed due to it swaying off topic! That's what I predict will happen if you keep on keeping on. I don't want this thread to be closed! So I suggest you leave this thread unless you want to help with this plugin. Please stop.

18. Offline

Rayzr522

I was saying it's easier NOT to save the toggled state after restarting. If I just keep it in memory that's easier. Were you saying you wanted it to also reset when they log off?

19. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Cracked = offline mode
    Offline mode is not supported

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.