Pumpkin view

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by MattTheBeast, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MattTheBeast

Iv been really thinking a lot lately, lol. About the possibilitys of pumpkin uses that unfortunately seems to be very underrated in my opinion. Mainly because I havent seen many servers taking full advantage of it.

We already know that when you put a pumkin on you get this new texture as the view, I was wondering if it was possible to give a player that view without actually having them put on a pumpkin. I belive this can be used for various reasons considering we can change the texture of the pumpkin view to fit our needs. A example of this would be having the pumpkin view retextured as a sniper scope and use it for gun plugins.

I belive its client sided but I still have hope, if anybody knows anything whatsoever please share, it will be very much appreciated!

2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@MattTheBeast
    You are right; It is client sided. However, that means the player needs to have the pumpkin on their head in order to see the overlay.

This, however, could be "fixed" by only sending the pumpkin-helmet change to just that player. This will mean everyone else on the server will see the user one way, will only they will see the pumpkin.

3. You could just do a 1.8 in-world resource pack with the pumpkin view disabled

4. Offline

MattTheBeast

Interesting, so if I understand correctly by sending the pumpking-helmet change to a player and only that player he will receive a pumpkin as his helmet but all other players wont see it.

If thats the case, lets say the player who's helmet has changed had a diamond helmet, will the armor points still apply if he gets hit in this sate? In other words will he still be considered to have a diamond helmet?

5. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@MattTheBeast
    Yes. Relative to the server, he is still wearing the helmet, so the damage should account for the extra protection. Only the player (and your plugin) will know that he is wearing a pumpkin.

6. Offline

MattTheBeast

Ok thankyou

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.