Pull requests

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by stirante, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

stirante

Can someone help me with pulling requests? I want to add to Bukkit possibility to change name, collar color, mob equipment, custom fuse and explosion radius for creeper etc., but I can't understand how to do it. Creating plugins and classes for it was easy, but editing Bukkit wasn't so easy.I don't think it's problem with plugin development but I don't know where it should be.
    https://github.com/stirante

2. Offline

Retherz_

stirante im sure that the collar color is clientside and texturepack

3. Offline

stirante

4. Offline

fireblast709

5. Offline

stirante

Yes, but I just want to know how to connect my classes with bukkit and craftbukkit.

6. Offline

fireblast709

Code:java
    1. ((CraftWolf)wolf).getHandle().setCollarColor(int);

the int is a number from 0 to 15 (following the normal colour codes, with a = 10, b = 11 and f = 15). You would need to use CraftBukkit.jar as a library though

7. Offline

stirante

You don't understand me. I want to create pull request to bukkit and craftbukkit. This way you will be able to do
    Wolf wolf = world.spawn(Wolf.class, location);
    wolf.setColor(color);
    Instead of dealing with NMS.

8. Offline

SirTyler

So what is the problem then? Go into the Wolf class and modify what your PR is for, then submit it as a PR. If you are asking HOW to do it, then that is for you to figure out since its YOUR pull request.

9. Offline

stirante

I only don't know if my code is right. That' why I put link to my github.

10. Offline

fireblast709

I can write it very easily, I just do not know how to pull a request. Anywhere on the forums where they explain?

11. Offline

stirante

You must fork repository, add commits and pull request :).So if you know could you explain me a little?

12. Offline

fireblast709

You can use Maven to compile into a working Bukkit/CraftBukkit. Then you can use that as library to test it. Tutorial:
    This video is actually a Maven tutorial, but they use CraftBukkit to explain it a bit. Use this and you will end up with a CB.jar :3 (same method to get a bukkit.jar)

stirante likes this.
  13. Offline

stirante

Thanks to you I created working functions to name items and to color wolfs' collars

14. Offline

fireblast709

15. Offline

stirante

In few minutes I'll complete API for changing mob equipment and then I'll start to make API for Armor(I want to color it)

16. Offline

fireblast709

stirante nice. If any questions, just ask :3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.