Public Bukkit Server Error

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by TheDiamondMinner, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello! I recently tried creating a Minecraft server hosted on my MAC (iMac) I entered in the terminal command (chmod a+x) and put one space after that. I then dragged in the bukkit server commands

1. #!/bin/bash
      cd "$( dirname "$0" )"
      java -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar -o true

After that Terminal gave me this error:

Code:
    Last login: Wed Dec 11 17:12:54 on ttys001
    Colin-Gierings-iMac:~ colingiering$ /Users/colingiering/Desktop/Bukkit/start.command ; exit;
    /Users/colingiering/Desktop/Bukkit/start.command: line 1: {rtf1ansiansicpg1252cocoartf1138cocoasubrtf510: command not found
    /Users/colingiering/Desktop/Bukkit/start.command: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token `}'
    /Users/colingiering/Desktop/Bukkit/start.command: line 2: `{\fonttbl\f0\fmodern\fcharset0 Courier;\f1\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;}'
    logout

[Process completed]

No bukkit files were generated in my bukkit folder. I'm currently trying to use bukkit dev build (1.7)

Please help me and I will love you forever (no homo) Thanks!!

how old is this method?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2016
  2. Offline

scenecraft

Are you using build 1.7.2

3. yea the dev

4. Offline

scenecraft

what online mode you in

5. Offline

Adriani6

Ok. You're bumping too fast.
    Second of all, make sure the .jar file is called craftbukkit.jar

6. Offline

c0mp

TheDiamondMinner It looks like you 'dragged' the commands over from a rich text editor of some sort. I would either copy and paste them, or use a plain text editor. Not familiar with Apple products, so I couldn't tell you specifics on where to go or how to do that though.

Also, removed bump spam.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.