[PSA] Why All Server Owners/Admins Should Have a Hacked Client [PSA]

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by chrisman0091, Jul 6, 2012.

?

What do you think of this PSA?

1. Good

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Helpful

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Bad

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Ok, I guess

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. NEEDS MOAR! Check the Comments for my Opinion!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

chrisman0091

This Tutorial Bases of the Reasons of Why Server Owners and Admins Should have and Know How Hacked Clients Work. This Tutorial is NOT in ANY WAY Telling you to Hack on any Server Without Owner/Co-Owner Permission!!
    For a start, a hacked client is a modified Minecraft jar that lets the players do things that normal players cannot, such as see through walls, fly around, and even see people when sneaking. In this tutorial I am not going to tell you really how to stop the hacks or see them, but mainly why a server Admin should have them. These reasons are numbered by what I just think of them, not most important or anything.

ONE:
    When somebody has learned how to use hacks, they can tell what it looks when somebody else IS hacking, and can ban them faster. Basically what I am saying is a hacker can see hacks. Hackers can stop hacks, and knows what hacks you can't stop.
    TWO:
    Hacks can help a server Owner maintain a server! Such as if you are spying on a player, XRay hack can help you see them through walls, and see if they are going strait to the good stuff like just the ores or chests(They would be using XRay). Or if you need to get somewhere fast, or move faster, you can set the speed of your flight on most clients.
    THREE:
    It is also good to make sure that your server is running well, because most clients show server lag, with the numbers that you get when you hover over the bars next to the server in your list, but they appear in-game when it gets to a certain # like 2,000 or so, 20,000 is when a server is crashed. This number will also spike if your internet goes out.
    Now a client that I think would be the best for server administration that you would not have to pay for(yes some hackers make you pay), would be a client called Nodus. You can also disable it in-game. I am not giving links to this client, as it would be like posting a hacked client itself. You can always just look it up on Google! If an Admin comments telling me it is ok, I will upload the Nodus client in the version of Minecraft 1.2.5 Version 9.5, and a link to the website for any updates after!
    If this helped, or if you find it 'Good' then comments of thoughts are VERY appreciated!
    If you feel there is something I could add, comment or PM me and if I like it I will add it, and add you to the credit! Note: I also posted this on PMC under the name of chrisman0091.

2. Offline

Jade

Nodus auto-updates. #YouJustDerp'd
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted bit url>

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2017
  3. Offline

JOPHESTUS

I use hacked clients on my server, they are very good for admin'ing

4. Offline

chrisman0091

[quote uid=90625502 name="Darky1126" post=1201111]Nodus auto-updates. #YouJustDerp'd
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted bit url>
    Lol Thanks, what did you think of the PSA?

[quote uid=96913 name="JOPHESTUS" post=1201124]I use hacked clients on my server, they are very good for admin'ing[/quote]
    Yes they are, that is why I posted this, they can help in many more smaller cases aswell, figured this covered the basics :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2017
  5. Offline

jorisk322

Haxked clients are made by people who like destroying things and annoying people. Why would I trust such a client? It might contain virusses (if not in this one, maybe in a later update).

6. Offline

md_5

Yes... 'admining' with my client :p

Anyway nice justification you have there, but I see no need to link Nodus.

7. Offline

Kaikz

Developing your own admin client is much better than using Nodus.

This is mine, as shown in my other thread:
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

8. Offline

Jade

Implying all admins understand how to code clients.

9. Offline

Gravity

I don't see any point in making an "admin" client because most of that is just spoonfeeding, you really don't need it. However, I do see value in going through your server and finding anything you can see that could be exploitable. Then, you work until you figure out an exploit for it, and once you find how you can do it, you can figure out how to stop it.

The rest of this I just thought about while reading this thread, it's not really on topic but here you go:
    Security really is an illusion. You will never be totally secure, and you shouldn't eat shit from developers of security software, including me. Always be skeptical and think about the things that you have been handed, don't submit to something blindly and just hope for the best. If something is not secure or doesn't make sense, don't sit there and hope nobody will take advantage of it. If you want to make something more secure, you first have to reject the notion that "Oh I run such and such and it pwns 4ll th3 h4x0rs"... No! Screw that. Get dirty with the code and figure out a way a new way to do something, and then present a fix to the problem.

10. Offline

chrisman0091

Because Nodus has always been trusted, along with many other clients, and you can always un-encrypt them and look at the code if you feel it has a virus, and/or scan it. This is still your personal choice, and if you think that one should not be used for your server, don't use it, thank you for your opinion :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.