Proxy checking

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by mastermustard, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Offline

mastermustard

Plugin category: Admin Tools

Suggested name: doesn't matter

What I want: A plugin that checks if a player is connected to a proxy/vpn to get into your server. In which if one is detected it sends an op a message. This would be way beyond my head to make which is why I'm requesting it. I know it would be extremely complex in which I'm hoping somebody would make it. This would basicly revolutionize the protection of servers by knowing before hand if something shady is about to happen.

Also, skim-reading is much easier with paragraphs!

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions: None needed

When I'd like it by: Whenever you so happen to finish

I know it was done before in which i found it on a server but they never released the plugin to the public

2. Offline

RingOfStorms

What is the point of this when you can just ban the account? Then they can't log in from the account, unless you're using a server in offline mode, which no one here will help you with.

If you are looking for this anyways, not really possible server side.

3. Offline

mastermustard

the whole purpose is if they have a proxy and you ip ban them they most likely have an alt in which they can then change the proxy ip that they're connect to, to log back in and continue.

4. Offline

RingOfStorms

If you ban their minecraft name then they wont be bale to join from any ip

5. Offline

mastermustard

alternate accounts