Protection via iron blocks

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Mr_Werd, Jan 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Mr_Werd

Plugin category: Anti-Grief.

Minecraft version: 1.16.4 (1.17 when it is released.)

Suggested name: Iron blocks +

What I want: I am hoping someone can make a plugin that gives me a way to protect certain things on a multiplayer survival server. If someone could make it so a block (Iron blocks specifically) could be placed by one player, but not destroyed by any other player that would be awesome. (More in-depth description below.)

So every time there is a Minecraft update me and my friends create a survival server with about 10 people on it. We each create bases, and play online together a lot. One problem that we always tend to run into is that we constantly steal each others stuff and try to find others secret areas. It would be amazing if there was a way we could encase an area/build (such as a storage area, or secret base) with iron blocks and have nobody else be able to just mine right into what we want hidden. I chose iron blocks because they just seem like the right block, are a little too difficult to obtain to create massive structures with, this limits the protected area to a small space.

Simply put, I would like iron blocks to only be breakable by whoever places them. (Also make them invincible to explosions if possible.)

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

When I'd like it by: Whenever 1.17 comes out, that is when we are going to create our next server. But in the mean time it would be nice to know it is possible.

2. Offline

NewtyMan

Hello,

I managed to quickly write something that should be exactly what you are looking for. Essentially like requested, it makes iron blocks breakable only by the owner who placed them and they are completely immune to all explosions, no matter who triggered the explosion or what type it is.

It generates a config file to save some stuff in there over time, but please don't modify it manually, since the plugin can easily break that way :)

If there are any issues, questions or further requests, feel free to post them in here ^-^

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.