Problem - onEntityCombust

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Kaimane, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Kaimane

Hi,
    I tried to stop skeletons and zombies from burning during day. I read somewhere that I could just cancel the onEntityCombust event. It worked, but the mobs sporadically burst into flame for a second and stop again without loosing health.

Is there a better way to stop the zombies and skeletons from burning than canceling the onEnityCombust event.

2. Offline

Sammy

I think that happens because you loose some ticks aka lag...
    Maybe making a new thread that listens to the onEntityCombust event ? but don't trust me ^^

3. Offline

Kaimane

Thanks, but it didn't work completely. It reduced the number of combustion, but it still happened. I also tried raising the priority for the event, but that did nothing.

4. Offline

Archelaus

Put it on Lowest. It gets called first.

5. Offline

Kaimane

That reduced a little bit again, but still not gone. Isn't there way to stop mobs catching fire at all?

6. Offline

chernobyl360

isnt there a*block event*? ive seen it on other plugins in the source codes.

maybe you could do that

blockevent.onEntitycombust

is that event right lol? just throwing out ideas :/ srry

7. Offline

Kaimane

Hmm, i can't find a block event, just a "Block" event :) for blocks. Do you remember any source code you have seen it in?

8. Offline

Sammy

If your problem is on entity combustion, I don't think that a block event would help...

9. Offline

Kaimane

I think what he meant was to somehow completely block the event which makes the mobs combust.

10. Offline

Hafnium

Could it be that the client is predicting the combustion and drawing it before the server tells it to?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.