Problem: basic Admin commands do not function.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by James Rouse, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

James Rouse

hello i recently started hosting a bukkit server after having hosted a vanilla server for several months. while not claiming to be a scripter myself im not uneducated in such ways and have a reasonable understanding of what i am doing and have installed and managed several plugins with no problems.

my problem is simple in bukkit my person minecraft ID Ascendency4 is both on the OP.txt and set to admin properly in the premissions plugin. with no conflicting plugins of a similar nature running.

however commands such as "/give ascendency4 50 50" "/stop" "/save-all" no longer fuction from a client on the server (regardless what there premissions page says and/or if they are OP'd)

however these command still function from the console command window.

how do i rectify this problem? i assume the bukkit client itself is the problem. is there a plugin that would restore these commands?

thank you for your time and expertise in advance.

Edit: allso while i have your attention. is there a way to reload plugins without restarting the server and/or booting everyone offline? i often like to modify the permissions settings and its a grave inconvenience to boot everyone just to change a few lines of text every 20 minutes.

2. Offline

Selbram

This has been answered in the forums multiple times... SEARCH!

But because I am nice, use /#command to use commands.

So to recap add a # after / to use a command.

3. Offline

James Rouse

thank you very much i apologize for wasting your time. can you suggest how to give/limit who can do this via the premissions plugin? or should i just op and deop to control who can use this command?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.