Solved Priority for command

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by MrGeneralQ, Jun 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MrGeneralQ

Okay so I am making a new rules plugin. It will have something unique. Ofcourse the "/rules" command would make sense right? But most server got Essentials running which will also has the /rules command.

So how can I make it that my command has more Priority then the others? Iv'e read the solution to just make sure that my plugin loads before essentials. So the name should start with "a-c|0-9|" characters. But I prefer my plugin to just having it's original name.

Anyone got a solution for this? Also the précommand Event would also be an very inefficiënt way to do it.

UPDATE: I saw a thread that said that it didn't conflict with his plugin. Does essentials automaticly give more priority to your plugin? If so, thanks essentials ^^

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  2. Offline

I Al Istannen

@MrGeneralQ
    Essentials gives other commands priority. Your commands will happily overwrite essentials, as long as the user didn't set the "fight" (don't know the exact name) option in essentials config. If they do, essentials will try to overpower your plugin, but from the config the winning plugin is random. Quite dramatic :p

Generally, your command should take precendence over essentials rule command.

MrGeneralQ likes this.
  3. Offline

MrGeneralQ

Thnx! Solved!

4. Offline

I Al Istannen

MrGeneralQ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.