Prevent Wolves from going away when u die?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Drageer, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Offline

Drageer

I'm not sure if this is a bug in minecraft or not but everytime i die on my server my wolves despawn and go away. Other users are having this same problem and do not like it i recreated this in a server with no mods too. Not sure if this is possible or is a bug but thanks for your help anyway! :D

2. Offline

Bauer

Have you tamed the wolves? If they aren't tamed, they despawn. If they are tamed, they don't.

3. Offline

Drageer

Have tried taming them. This is probably a bug, but every time i die I do seem to lose my wolves as they are not by my spawn or even by me

4. Offline

Major

Restart your server. They spawn next to you.

5. Offline

ScorchRaserik

If you die, the wolf will not teleport to you, but it can be recovered by returning to the spot of death.

Same thing happens if you /tp. The wolf doesn't come with you. It appears it can only teleport so far...

6. Offline

Drageer

So i tried to recreate this by putting my wolves in a house like structure and setting up a huge monument that extended all the way into the sky. Then i jumped and died in front of my wolves. I returned to the monument and my wolves were not there. Btw, they were sitting down [if this has anything to do with it]. This really doesn;t matter for me since i'm almost always on god mode now, but my other players may get frustrated by this.

Did not work for me but i did have them sitting down as said before. Maybe that is the problem? I'll try to get more wolves and recreate this while they are not sitting.

7. Offline

ScorchRaserik

Yeah that's the problem. They don't teleport to you if they are sitting.

8. Offline

Drageer

So i tried recreating this with my dog not sitting down [getting these wolves are hard] and still my dog just dissapears. Anyway don't worry about it i guess :/