pre-load world for less lag

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Retourned, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Offline

Retourned

My server has a open world, because of that a lot of chunks are being loaded by players flying around with jetpacks and such.

The lag is being caused by the world saving automatically whenever new chunks are being loaded.
    Is there a plugin out there that pre-loads certain chunks in a world to prevent lag?
    Or is there anyone that can help me with this?

Thanks in advance,
    Retourned

NEW:
    Plugin category: world

Minecraft version: 1.8.8

Suggested name: PreLoadWorld

What I want: This plugin needs to be able to keep certain chunks loaded inside a certain world so theres less lag being caused by people going around in an open world.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  2. Offline

Stellrow

You are asking for a rather huge performance hitter,while yes flying and loading unloading chunks its meh,its much better than keeping all chunks in memory destroying ur server

The chunks beside themself also keep track of entities and such so loading all the chunks at once will mean also loading everything else with it,you should just look into some faster chunk loading/unloading plugin

3. Offline

Xp10d3

4. Offline

SpiderDead

You can also try to use the plugin WorldBorder. When you set a border you can pre-fill the whole area server-sided so it won't take as much load. It does take a bit of space on your harddrive.