Possible to run Bukkit in Single player

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by russjr08, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

russjr08

As soon as they announced that Single player would run an internal server, I instantly thought "What if we could run Bukkit on Single player!!"

Do you think it would be possible to do? I would love to see this. Although it wouldn't be as easy as when the jar was in .minecraft...
    Hmm.

2. Offline

Snipes01

Well you could just start a local server and not open the port.

3. Offline

russjr08

I've tried that before, I just seem to get extremely low FPS :(

4. Offline

zipfe

That's because running bukkit and the client on the same box is a bad idea unless it's a rather decent machine.

5. Offline

4therace

Hm, it works for me! No lag at all, but I just used it for testing. I have a host. (Beastnode, you should really check them out)

6. Offline

russjr08

Well if you have a host, then wouldn't you be running Bukkit on them and then Minecraft on your machine? :p Also, I self host so no need for Beastnode :pP

7. Offline

anthonyc39

my computer hosted fine in the past with 8-15 people on it.

apple macbook pro 13.whatever inch.
    2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
    4GB 1333MHz DDR3

8. Offline

4therace

I just tested it myself to see if it lags. I used to host on my computer, but my internet sucks (I have AT&T). I usually get 1-2mb up and 2-4 down. It sucks.

9. Offline

russjr08

Maybe I should just turn down my Minecraft settings lol

OH! I have AT&T Too and get like 256 kb/s down -_- and even less up

Edit: Oops double post. I thought this had automerge D:

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  10. Offline

anthonyc39

mine are on max haha

but i also have verizon fios so when others connect they are using the internet connection speed really and because it isnt bad there is no lag

11. Offline

4therace

And their support is terrible! Once, my dad called them to try to get something fixed and they redirected him to a "different service area" or something like that 10+ times. He eventually hung up.

12. Offline

russjr08

Also, you just started learning Java? Congrats!! :D

We're hopefully getting FiOS at our new house though

Edit: Don't get me started about AT&T's "Customer Support"

anthonyc39 likes this.
  13. Offline

anthonyc39

thanks! im good with the basics but im trying to find a way to decompile .jar files to see plugin's source codes so i can learn from them. im a hands on learner haha

and about filos, nice! its worth it haha

14. Offline

4therace

Please, don't. Hehe, they're evil. Please do switch to something better. I wish we could, but in our city that's the only big company that hosts internet.

15. Offline

russjr08

Well, we only have two choices in our new house. AT&T U-Verse and FiOS. ://

anthonyc39

Have you tried JD-GUI?

16. Offline

anthonyc39

like i said im brand new haha i couldnt find squat.

and i use mac, so does this work for mac? and if so could you tell me step by stem how to go from a plugin(.jar file) to something i can put in eclipse and edit?

17. Offline

russjr08

Sure! Go to this link: http://translate.google.com/transla...u=http://dl.free.fr/getfile.pl?file=/rtF8NDwK and click "Validate and download file" (You don't need to punch in the captcha) you should get a DMG file where you can drag the application to the Applications folder (I think thats how it works on Mac).

Then open the program and drag the Jar file in it and it should have the source code available (Unless they obfuscated it, but I haven't seen a plugin do that yet.) on the file menu (Or one of the menu buttons) there should be something that says "Export source" or something closely worded. It'll then give you a zip file that contains all the .java files.

After that you should be able to drag them into Eclipse (Or open it in a separate editor like TextEdit) and remember to import any dependencies it might have (Such as Bukkit, or other plugins)

Also remember not to infringe any copyright laws :)

anthonyc39 likes this.
  18. Offline

anthonyc39

can you provide a different download link? it says there are no servers avaiable to handle my request. or could you download it and upload it somewhere or email it to me?

19. Offline

russjr08

http://downloads.kronosad.com/Java/jd-gui-0.3.3.osx.i686.dmg

Edit: Hold on, I need to fix something apparently..

20. Offline

anthonyc39

i clicked it and it's downloading, whoops haha

what do you need to fix?

21. Offline

russjr08

Lol I just fixed it. IIS wasn't recognizing .dmg so it was giving a "404" that really annoys me..

22. Offline

anthonyc39

hahah not sure what IIS is or 404, i warn you..

i be dumb

23. Offline

russjr08

Oh, IIS is a web server, just like Apache, Nginx and a few others. A 404 error is when the web server can't find something, example:
    http://www.google.com/sjfhjlkjslakfjasld

24. Offline

anthonyc39

ohh ok i gotch ya.
    im wondering why a tiny 1.4 mb file is downloading at 2kb a second haha

EDIT: nevermind it was paused lmao

25. Offline

russjr08

Haha! I have a slow upload speed so that might have been why too :p

26. Offline

anthonyc39

there is not options to export or anything like that but i can copy and paste if need be@

thank you so much...it'll be so much easier to learn Java now.

27. Offline

russjr08

It should be under the File menu. Its "Save all sources" :D

Edit: I would provide a screenshot, but the upload tool seems broken.

28. Offline

anthonyc39

im blind, thanks again!!

29. Offline

russjr08

No problem! Java is one of things I'm glad I have some knowledge of. Its the only thing that's staying constant over here with us moving :)

30. Offline

fredghostkyle1

i can run Bukkit and Minecraft at the same time, a little laggy. i can;t run a Tekkit Server and Tekkit. Tekkit needs to much memory to run :/

Mac LION:
    4 GM ram.
    iMac

i like, i like

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.