[Port Request] DeathNotify

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Mhalkyer, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Offline

Mhalkyer

Any chance of getting DeathNotify ported to Bukkit? Are they're any alternatives? I looked but didn't see any =(

2. Offline

Archelaus

No current hooks for on player died. I'll make one when these get implemented.

3. Offline

Mhalkyer

Ooooh, that makes sense. Thanks for the quick response!

4. Offline

qlpwii

o also achivements will be cool to have again and it comes with the stats thing that would be cool

5. Offline

Reil

I've faked a few hooks using the PlayerDamage stuff in rTriggers. :3

6. Offline

Archelaus

Could you please PM me these fake hooks? I'm interested to use them in a plugin I'm making myself.

7. Offline

Reil

8. Offline

Lookatmego

hi mario xD

9. Offline

Jobsti

Request too, loved it on my old server. Always very funny ;)

10. Offline

Mhalkyer

@RightLegRed Any luck with the fake hooks? Any idea when CraftBukkit is adding this?

@Lookatmego lol, hi [​IMG]

11. Offline

croemmich

You can use my ServerEvents plugin. Configure it like this:

Code:
    <conf>
        <!--  Queueing ensures that messages are not displayed too quickly. -->
        <queue enabled="false" messages_per_minute="12" messages_to_hold="10" />
        <file enabled="false" uri="ServerEvents\server_events.txt" keep_old="5" />
        <chat enabled="true" prefix="[ServerEvents] " prefix_color="lightblue" color="white" />
        <!--  To get accessToken and secret run `java -jar ServerEvents.jar` -->
        <twitter enabled="false" accessToken="{accessToken}" accessTokenSecret="{accessTokenSecret}" rate_limit="350" />
        <database enabled="false" username="" password="" database="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/minecraft" table="server_events" driver="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" />
    </conf>
    Set enabled="false" on all other message types if you do not want them displayed.

My death detection is as good as you are going to get until the bukkit team implements the onDeath hook. Currently drowning deaths are not detected. AFAIK all others are.