Solved Port forwarding

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Puggles, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Nickbbeezy

No problem, just quote me on this thread and it'll send me an alert.

2. Offline

Puggles

It says invalid remote port number when I hit apply.
    That was on the step 2 thing.

Oh nevermind, I got it to work
    So apparently it saved, now what?

What next? : o

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  3. Offline

Evilroxas88

follow steps.. it works for 1.4.2. i tried it myself

MegaNarwhal likes this.
  4. Offline

Nickbbeezy

Try entering the same info from step 1 in step 2.

5. Offline

Puggles

Yeah I got it to work. So Ive done that step,
    but whats next? I've clicked apply, it says it saved, now what?

6. Offline

Nickbbeezy

Well now, your server is port forwarded and you should pop open a bottle of champagne. Lol, now you go to http://whatsmyip.org and give your IP to a close friend or PM it to me to see if your server allows people to connect to it now.

7. Offline

Puggles

Don't I have to put my IP address in the server config 'ip=' thing first?

8. Offline

MegaNarwhal

No, you can and should leave it blank. Also, to make sure that your server is port forwarded correctly, go here while your server is running and make sure that it can see port 25565.

9. Offline

Nickbbeezy

Nope, everything we've done so far should be all you need to do for players to connect.

10. Offline

Puggles

I've tried and it came up with this"
    Error: I could not see your service on -------- on port (25565)
    Reason: Connection timed out
    "
    Should I try port forwarding it again?

11. Offline

MegaNarwhal

Make sure that you have forwarded port 25565 in your router settings. Are you running any anti-virus programs such as Norton that could be blocking connections to the server?

12. Offline

Puggles

Not that I believe so.Should I try re port forwarding it? I might have done a mistake.

13. Offline

Nickbbeezy

I'm sure we've port forwarded it properly, now we have to play the game where we find what else is blocking you from opening ports. If you're running Windows Firewall

14. Offline

Puggles

I did everything in that vid.. Still says error

15. Offline

Nickbbeezy

Are you running any other kind of antivirus/firewall program?

16. Offline

Puggles

I think I might be but I do not know what its called, and I do not know how to get to it ಠ_ಠ

Just hang on lemme look for it

No, I can't see any

17. Offline

Nickbbeezy

Wait, when you checked if the port was open was the server running?

18. Offline

Puggles

Yes.

19. Offline

Nickbbeezy

The only thing I can think that would cause this problem is the portforward was done incorrectly, but I'm pretty sure if you followed the steps it was right.

You have a software firewall blocking the port, but you followed that video so that shouldn't be it.

You might have to restart your router for the changes to take effect.

Could you give me your router name and model # so I can look up the port forwarding directions for it?

20. Offline

Puggles

The only thing I'm not sure about is when it said "Port forwarding saving. Thank you!", then I changed tabs, then when I went back to that tab it had me back on the port forwarding page, where you type the port and stuff, as if there were an error saving it which I didn't see

21. Offline

Nickbbeezy

If you have direct access to your router, if you look under it or on the side there should be a sticker with the name and model # of it, with that, I can give you an exact guide on how to port forward for it.

22. Offline

Puggles

Is each one different? I'll have to check

Oh, by theway, how does the router modem know to send it to MY computer, not the one right next to me?

23. Offline

Nickbbeezy

Oh, wait..Are you using a wired or a wireless connection?

24. Offline

Puggles

Wireless

25. Offline

Nickbbeezy

Okay, make sure you're using the IPv4 from the wireless LAN adapter wireless network connetion: http://prntscr.com/if46o

Remember, type cmd in windows search then ipconfig /all to access your ip configuration. Then, be sure that you have it forwarded on both TCP and UDP on whatever port your server is using most likely 25565. If that doesn't work, you might want to try running your server on a wired connection (which is recommended, you'd get a higher TPS).

26. Offline

Puggles

Last time I did it I could only chose TCP or UDP, and I used TCP. And I do not have a wired connection where I live right now.

27. Offline

Nickbbeezy

OH, that's the problem. You need to make one service for your server for forward it using TCP and then make another using UDP. It's okay to forward it twice to run the 2 protocols. Although, you don't really need TCP unless you want to enable querying, so if you want, you could just change TCP to UDP.

28. Offline

Puggles

Ohhhhhh.. Well that makes me feel better xD. What does querying mean anyway?
    So then really, since I have already did a TCP, (Actually I did it twice ಠ_ಠ) I can do it again but just use the UDP instead

29. Offline

Nickbbeezy

Well, that's if you want sites that track server data such as sites like Planet Minecraft that tell how many players you have online, the names of the players that are online, the plugins you're using, your motd, etc. When you have querying enabled, they're able to access it and you can publish it as necessary. Otherwise, they can't get that info.

30. Offline

Puggles

I just did the "Canyouseeme" thing and it said error again..... After I did the UDP...
    But when I started the server all this "Port: 25565" stuff came up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.